Alcohol and Tape

Hate that itch when you've been bitten by a mosquito? Well I stumbled upon a way to end the itch of a mosquito bite instantly! I hate mosquitos. I hate the awful itch that comes from their bite-even more.

One spring morning I was cleaning my yard and carefully removing any stagnant water from around my potted plants, when I got a nasty bite from a mosquito. I went inside to get rubbing alcohol to put on the bite and some calamine lotion. I located the rubbing alcohol, in the medicine cabinet-but realized I was out of calamine lotion. I put the rubbing alcohol on my skin, and of course - began to scratch the irritated bite area.

Needless to say-that itch can be unbearable and cause the skin around the bite to swell. To make a long story short - after I applied the rubbing alcohol, I put a piece of scotch tape directly on top of the bite and to my surprise - the itch stopped - immediately! I left the tape on for about 4 hours and when I pulled the tape off, I could actually see the poison extract from the mosquito - on the tape.

Somehow the adhesive on the tape collected the fluid from the bite and I held the tape up to the light and I could see the tiny penetration hole on the tape from where I was bit.

I have been using tape to end itching form mosquito bites ever since. It's funny how a simple piece of scotch tape can halt an unbearable itch. Apparently, the tape keeps the area around the bite from naturally expanding. After I removed the tape there was no further itching and no black mark left. I put some more rubbing alcohol on the skin after removing the tape. I know it may sound weird, but the next time you get a irritating mosquito insect bite, after you place your antiseptic on the bite-place a piece of scotch tape directly on top of that bite and feel instant relief with no insatiable urge-to scratch!

By Big Bad Mama

Are you sure you are talking about mosquito bites? When a mosquito bites, it injects a little of it's "saliva" and dilutes your blood, which it then sucks up. Since this stuff mixes with your blood, there is no way you could see it or that it could be extracted.

Since up here in Northern Saskatchewan, we have lots of mosquitoes with the possibility of West Nile Virus, I use a repellant with Deet to prevent bites. I generally find that slapping the mosquito and ignoring the bite works as well as anything. Perhaps I have built up an immunity.

I spent 30 years in the Yukon and some time in the NWT, but have never used Alcohol on any bites. In spring, until my immunity and ability to repel the bugs by being more ornery than them was back in shape, I sometimes used duck tape on bites, that caused swelling and itching.

It might seem funny to Southerners, but it seems to work quite well for people living in the bush.
Have fun!
DearWebby

Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 20, 2012
🍀
💘