Baking Soda Toothpaste

When we were very young, we were very poor and I never recall having toothpaste. We always made a paste out of baking soda and water and brushed our teeth with it. It was only when I was ten or so that I actually saw and used toothpaste. Now they have toothpaste with baking soda in it.

By GEM from VA

I remember dipping my toothpaste covered brush into baking soda to brush my teeth & make them whiter before they put baking soda in the toothpaste. Can you believe my FIL used rubbing alcohol? He dipped his toothbrush right into the bottle! I tried it once & it puckered the skin in my mouth!

Closeup of wet toothbrush with paste.
Homemade Toothpaste Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Body Teeth and MouthJune 28, 2011
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar