Bead and Fabric Necklace
Vote for this contest contender!
I wanted to make a fun necklace with scrap fabric, a bunch of beads I had laying around, alongside with some beads I made out of cornstarch awhile back.
Choose a piece of fabric as long as you'd like your necklace. Keep in mind you will be tying a bow to fasten it. I used the lining to an old skirt.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 necklace
Link: Here is a link to the Cornstarch Beads on ThriftyFun.
- long, thin piece of fabric
- big beads or marbles for inside the fabric
- small beads for outside the fabric
- needle and thread or sewing machine
- Fold the fabric strip in half before sewing and make sure it will be wide enough for your big beads to pop in after sewed shut. Sew up the side.
- Push your chopstick in to assist turning the fabric inside out.
- String your first exterior bead. This will be your stopper for when you start popping in the interior beads.
- Put your first bead or marble inside the bag.
- Continue by alternating beads, exterior then interior, until you reach your desired length.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Sew up the ends of the necklace.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:24:51 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us