Birthday Gift Ideas for 18 Year Old Boyfriend

I'm 16 and my fiance is turning 18 on the 7th. I have no idea what to get him this year. We've been together for almost 2 years and for some reason I'm totally going crazy on figuring out what to get this time. I think it's because he's 18 and he's really psyched about it. So now I'm all pressured to get him something he'll really like. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

By Rawr'3 from MI

Being 16 and boyfriend going on 18 looking for a birthday gift. You are planning on getting married (so fiance indicates). Make it something simple like a photo of the two of you, make a special frame to go with it. There are lots of craft ways from leather frames, paint your own, etc.
Spending a lot of a birthday is just in the moment when you plan to spend the rest of your life together. It is going to be expensive without material things used as celebratory measures.

I was married at 19 and the one thing I told my husband was to never surprise me with an expensive gift when we owe money to anyone via bills. Charging/using money meant for stability just breeds instability. There is nothing that I could have wanted over the security that there were no collectors at the door. In this economy, keep it simple. Plan a day where you do breakfast together, take a walk, do simple things like enjoy each other. Give him a flower, a nice card you wrote. These are what he will remember as well as you.

And if your life does not continue together on the same path, you still will appreciate the friendship in knowing him. (07/07/2010)

By T&T Grandma

I have 2 boys and no matter how old they get (23 and 26), they love toys. Go to the toy store and buy him a water gun (and one for you too!). You can't beat that on a hot day chasing each other around at the park.

By tltrani

Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend