Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Category Birthday
Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Best Answer

Food! Snacks, pizza, dessert of the month (1 dessert every month), a giant cake all for him.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Best Answer

Your 18 year old boyfriend is an adult. He is too old for you!

Whatever you decide to get him for his birthday should be something homemade or thoughtful. These are always the best gifts. Don't spend money on him. Its his job to spend money on you!

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

Best Answer

Browse for unusual holidays that correspond to the date, and celebrate an unusual theme this year.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 months. I am 16 and he will turn 18 on Christmas and I already know what I'm going to get him for Christmas, but not for his birthday. He says "whatever you get me I will be happy with." Well what if I get him something he already has? or don't want/like? We are totally different. I am a country girl and he ain't. So that's kinda what's got me stuck about what to get him. I wanna get it during Black Friday. So please help me.

By Gracie

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi,

Don't worry, I think you are more in a confusing state as it is found in many people that for planning gifts they just get confused.

Anyways their are three ways you can search for gifts for him:

1. Find a gift that you think he never had.

2. Find a gift that suits his interest & hobbies. (best way)

3. Find a gift that he already have but need to be replaced.(i.e. if he have wallet that is too old then replace it with a brand new wallet, so same way you can replace his old things with brand new.

My boyfriend is turning 14 in May. What do I get him? It has to be £20 or below.

At 14 you should keep it very simple. Maybe 6-12 issues of his favorite magazine?

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

From your post, I gather you and your boyfriend are both working. Here is a nice little idea, which I did for my boyfriend at the time - had a dish garden of various cacti delivered to his workplace with a Happy Birthday balloon (bonsais are very popular now and easy to maintain). My bf was blown away by such an original idea, and was thrilled. He kept the garden for years at his job. Your boyfriend is out of state, and what a lovely reminder of you whenever he sees the gift you sent. People need to get over the outdated notion that men do not like such things. False! We aren't talking 2 dozen red roses in a huge showy vase draped in white lace, but a dish garden. It's thoughtful present.

I need suggestions for what to gift my boyfriend this year as he is turning 20. He loves music. That is all that I know about him and I have a collection of his pictures. Can you suggest to me what to do? Please.

By Perrie

If that's all you know about him, then I don't think it's appropriate to give him a gift at all. He may think you're rushing things a bit.

I need to surprise my boyfriend with something from the heart, but I don't know what to do or get him. He has never had a birthday party, so I'm already planning one of those, but presents wise, I don't know what to do. Help!

By Anastasia M.

hmmm... i have given him jacket, shirt and shoes already...

anyway, thanks :)

I've been on and off with my boyfriend since last June. We're pretty serious and have plans for the future already. He turns 18 on October 17th. What do I get him? He's a country boy, he likes fishing, hunting, and things like that. He didn't let me get him a gift last year but I want to surprise him this year. Any ideas?

By Becca from Virginia Beach, VA

My Dad's a hunter & fisherman, got him an LLBean leatherman a few years ago, he keeps it on him all the time. Its several tools in one. Get one in the mid price range $30.

Or get a journal to keep track of what he catches...

My boyfriend is turning 18 in ten days and I have no idea what to get him. He loves cars and his dirt bikes. Please help!

Does he need any part of his car that he's been wanting?

My boyfriend turns 16 in 5 days and our anniversary is 2 days after that. What can I get him? Help me please.

I would treat him to a dinner that you can afford.

I'm 15 and I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 7 months and in 2 months time my boyfriend is having his 18th birthday. I have no idea what to get him. He is a lovely amazing lad and I love him loads. Please help.

By Catrin W

If you can afford it, a nice portrait of you would be loved. However, be careful. He is not an adult till his birthday, then things between you might be a bit "dicey" with your relationship. Good luck.

My boyfriend's birthday is on May 30th, long time away, I know. But I'm already trying to figure out what to get him. We've been dating for 15 months now, and I want to give him something not too expensive, but something that he will like. Any suggestions?

By Elisabeth R.

You can also try gift certificates to itunes or the like - or farmville if he plays that, or similar online games.

My boyfriend is turning 27 in May and I want to get him something that would be useful to him. He loves cars and airplanes and is going to be going to school for mechanics in the fall.

By Jessi from NY

Cut the frilly things out. The school should be able to get you a list of what will be required, and the name of a vendor you could use. (Sears has a lifetime warranty, SNAP-ON supposed to have best quality, but no lifetime warrenty). 1 son did a 4 year auto tech/body college, 1 a 2 year auto body program. Tool boxes don't have to be the most expensive as most students buy different ones after they graduate. They have to lock. My boys did Sears tools, and if they break 15 years down the road, they are warranties. You can expect to pay about $700 and up for tools/box. Don't feed into the $2000 set up. Cute colored chests covered in grease still holds the same as the $400 chest, same work (hey, holds the tools--what more do you need!)

So check that school list and find something you can afford or get a gift card from the vendor.

Vendors come to the school and sell products to the students (and parents who pay for them) and say they give great package prices. Take time to add them up, don't buy more than required on your list at first.

My kids got scholarships independent of the college which then they could use on tools, boots, safety glasses, etc. All required.

Mom who has been there twice. Eldest took 2 smashed Saturn, made 1 brand new road ready car.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and 3 and half weeks. His birthday is coming up, but I have absolutely no idea what I should get him, because he doesn't really talk about things he likes often. I didn't want to just ask him and then he knows what I am getting him. I have no idea what to do.

Bake him some cookies or bake a birthday cake for him. You might treat him to a concert in your area. Take him out for dinner to a place that is special and a little more expensive than your usual places-- a nice steakhouse or sushi place or something like that.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 28th. Every time I ask what he wants, he says nothing. Please help!

By Raylena

Give him a memory/experience. If he has an interest or hobby, say classic cars, take him to a car show. Give him a magazine subscription that reflects his interest. He'll think of you every month for a year.. If he's a sports fan, could you get him tickets for a game? If you have a lot of photos of the two of you, make him a memory book/album. My daughter's boyfriend is a fisherman, and she took him to an outdoor/hunting/fishing show, and out to dinner for his birthday. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up, I have no idea what I should get. He is in the Army, he loves to hunt, fish, he plays video games sometimes, he likes Penn state and the Steelers. He does so many things for other people and I just wanna get him something amazing. We have only been together for 4 months, but have gotten to know each other so well. I'm just stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions?

By Tiffany L

I have a boyfriend that sounds a lot like yours :) Slightly country but is diverse and gets along with all kinds of people. For his first birthday I got him a pocket knife with his initials carved into it. Surprisingly inexpensive! I got it from PersonalCreations.com I also made him a tie blanket. You could get one with a Penn State logo on it? hope these help!

Okay so my boyfriend is turning 15, and we've only been going out for 6 months, but are really serious. He's into bands and music, but already has an iPod and everything, and we're already going to a concert for his birthday (sponsored by his parents). He doesn't like sports, kinda likes video games, and loves Game of Thrones. I'm going to make him dinner and take him out, but I need a really good gift (or collection of little things) as well! Thanks.

By Sarah J.

He likes game of thrones, so that is your answer, look for game of thrones items :) This also shows him you pay attention to his interests.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now, and he's turning 16 soon. He really loves soccer. I have no idea what to get him, I'm looking for something creative and not too expensive. We also have a lot of pictures together but I don't know what I would do. Please help.

By lmj

I think you should use the pictures you like and make them into a collage and maybe make it into a shape of a soccer ball or a heart or something.. Or you could get him a soccer ball and right with sharpie sweet things or short love quotes:-)

It's not his birthday yet, but I don't know what to get him. He doesn't like bracelets or chains. He's interested in dogs, but his mam will kill me if I get him a dog. He has like 5 of his own. We've been together a year and I don't know what to get him. Please help.

By Tiffany

With five dogs, how about a PetSmart (or such) gift card, done up in a fancy small box with ribbon and a cute/funny card?

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years now and it's his 17th birthday next month. He's really into Italian designers and sports cars, has a moped and is about to get his first car.

I got him a sportscar experience last year where you could go in a Ferrari on a racecourse and he never used it so experience days are a big no. He hates funny or humorous gifts.

By M.B from southwest England

Well, I think if he didn't bother to use the experience you got him, which I think was a wonderfully imaginative gift, I wouldn't bother giving him something all that memorable. Buy him a sweater. If he doesn't like that and doesn't wear it, it can at least be donated to a charity where it will be given to someone who will appreciate it. And don't make it some horribly expensive gift. Not necessary. Or, give him a book that you think he might like (be sure it is one you would like to read!)

I'm sorry if I sound somewhat unimaginative, but I am so flabbergasted that he wouldn't bother to use last year's gift, that I don't think that you should waste too much time on the process (He should be glad you don't get him socks).

My boyfriend is Muslim so he doesn't celebrate Christmas; however, his birthday is on December 26. We have been dating for 2 years and he always gets me presents, just because. He is a soccer player and he's in college. I don't know what to get him! I want something cute, but at the same time something he could use every day. Please help.

By Becca

Get him a soccer ball and write cute notes all over it in sharpie.

I plan to buy a gift for my lover's 22nd birthday and I also plan to present 22 gifts to him. Any ideas for the 22 gifts?

By Dhivya

I did this for my son's 30th birthday... among the gifts: 30 quarters, $30 gift card, 30 first class stamps, a handmade gift certificate for 30 minutes of cleaning, and 30 mini-Kit-Kat bars (his favorite). I'm sure you'll come up with many others... think about his favorite things and activities - whether leisure or work related - serious or funny. I wrapped each item individually, then put them all in a box and wrapped that too. It was a big hit!

We have been dating for 11 months and he likes games, sports, and hanging out with me a lot, but I have no clue what get him for his birthday. Please help me.

Load More