Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Category Birthday
Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

My boyfriend is turning 14 in May. What do I get him? It has to be £20 or below.

Movie night together would be fun! Is there something he wants for $20 or less?

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Best Answer

Um. Get him something from one of his favorite stores. Also think about what he is into. If it's sports get him something for one of his favorite teams. If he's into anything else then get him something related to that. If you want to get him something personalized make him a silly scrapbook of your pictures, or if he wouldn't like that you should get him a dog tag with your names on it. Whatever it is if it's from you he'll love it. So be creative, and think about him. I hope I helped.

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

Best Answer

Is he getting a car? You could get him a stereo or something else for it if he is getting one. Do you have an amusement park nearby or are there any concerts or sporting events coming to your area? That would be something fun the both of you could do together. Or if you're short on money you could always make him dinner or a picnic. Good luck and Happy Birthday to you both!

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

My boyfriend turns 16 in 5 days and our anniversary is 2 days after that. What can I get him? Help me please.

It really depends exclusively on

1) what sorts of things he likes

2) what you can afford

Is he a computer geeky type? a Jock? Is he into music? or into his car?

some accessory for his car, if he has one, would always be welcome. Or some accessory for his phone.

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

If you don't have time to make a CD, perhaps you could purchase one that has your favorites on it, or from an artist whose concert you attended together, or want to attend. A framed photo of yourself might be nice. What about a picture of the two of you printed onto a Teeshirt or a mug?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 months. I am 16 and he will turn 18 on Christmas and I already know what I'm going to get him for Christmas, but not for his birthday. He says "whatever you get me I will be happy with." Well what if I get him something he already has? or don't want/like? We are totally different. I am a country girl and he ain't. So that's kinda what's got me stuck about what to get him. I wanna get it during Black Friday. So please help me.

By Gracie

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You should give him a new pair of sneakers or give him a gift card.

PS I'm sorry if my answer did not help you out.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

I need suggestions for what to gift my boyfriend this year as he is turning 20. He loves music. That is all that I know about him and I have a collection of his pictures. Can you suggest to me what to do? Please.

By Perrie

It seems to me that if you only know this about him, you haven't been dating very long. Get him a card. That's enough. If you want to do more, bake him some cookies.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and 3 and half weeks. His birthday is coming up, but I have absolutely no idea what I should get him, because he doesn't really talk about things he likes often. I didn't want to just ask him and then he knows what I am getting him. I have no idea what to do.

Bake him some cookies or bake a birthday cake for him. You might treat him to a concert in your area. Take him out for dinner to a place that is special and a little more expensive than your usual places-- a nice steakhouse or sushi place or something like that.

I need to surprise my boyfriend with something from the heart, but I don't know what to do or get him. He has never had a birthday party, so I'm already planning one of those, but presents wise, I don't know what to do. Help!

By Anastasia M.

Well, naaa... he's kind of shy and so we didn't make lot of photos

My boyfriend is turning 15 in a week. What should I get him for his birthday? We've been dating 3 months and 6 days after his birthday will make 4 months. He says he doesn't want anything, but I still want to get him something. I need help!

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 3 years now. His birthday is on May 27th and I'm not sure exactly what to get him. We live around the Kansas City area. He loves watching the Royals, is fascinated with the military, loves antique shopping, and loves G.I. Joes. He is joining the navy and I want to get him a gift that he normally wouldn't buy himself. I'm wanting a gift to where we can go and make a memory together. I don't have a certain price range, I just need ideas on what would be a good gift to buy him?
Thanks!

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 28th. Every time I ask what he wants, he says nothing. Please help!

By Raylena

Give him a memory/experience. If he has an interest or hobby, say classic cars, take him to a car show. Give him a magazine subscription that reflects his interest. He'll think of you every month for a year.. If he's a sports fan, could you get him tickets for a game? If you have a lot of photos of the two of you, make him a memory book/album. My daughter's boyfriend is a fisherman, and she took him to an outdoor/hunting/fishing show, and out to dinner for his birthday. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

I'm 15 and I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 7 months and in 2 months time my boyfriend is having his 18th birthday. I have no idea what to get him. He is a lovely amazing lad and I love him loads. Please help.

By Catrin W

He is too old for you.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up, I have no idea what I should get. He is in the Army, he loves to hunt, fish, he plays video games sometimes, he likes Penn state and the Steelers. He does so many things for other people and I just wanna get him something amazing. We have only been together for 4 months, but have gotten to know each other so well. I'm just stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions?

By Tiffany L

I have a boyfriend that sounds a lot like yours :) Slightly country but is diverse and gets along with all kinds of people. For his first birthday I got him a pocket knife with his initials carved into it. Surprisingly inexpensive! I got it from PersonalCreations.com I also made him a tie blanket. You could get one with a Penn State logo on it? hope these help!

My boyfriend turns 18 in 2 weeks. He's into football and music (just a listener), absolutely doesn't like to read, he's dying to be a sailor, and he's not easy to be impressed. I got him a watch last year, he likes it, but it broke after a week :( I guess I need something solid, that can't break, but simple (or maybe something like DIY stuff) but I also wanna make it a heart-melting gift. We've been together for 2 years and I love him so much I just wanna make his 18th special. So any idea?

I've been on and off with my boyfriend since last June. We're pretty serious and have plans for the future already. He turns 18 on October 17th. What do I get him? He's a country boy, he likes fishing, hunting, and things like that. He didn't let me get him a gift last year but I want to surprise him this year. Any ideas?

By Becca from Virginia Beach, VA

Can you crochet or knit? If not, is there someone who can teach you? A warm, handmade scarf or afghan made with camo colored yarn makes a nice "manly" gift for a sportsman of any age.

Okay so my boyfriend is turning 15, and we've only been going out for 6 months, but are really serious. He's into bands and music, but already has an iPod and everything, and we're already going to a concert for his birthday (sponsored by his parents). He doesn't like sports, kinda likes video games, and loves Game of Thrones. I'm going to make him dinner and take him out, but I need a really good gift (or collection of little things) as well! Thanks.

By Sarah J.

He likes game of thrones, so that is your answer, look for game of thrones items :) This also shows him you pay attention to his interests.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now, and he's turning 16 soon. He really loves soccer. I have no idea what to get him, I'm looking for something creative and not too expensive. We also have a lot of pictures together but I don't know what I would do.

Load More