Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

January 27, 2011 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

Best Answer

May 30, 2012 Flag

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

Best Answer

December 6, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Best Answer

Um. Get him something from one of his favorite stores. Also think about what he is into. If it's sports get him something for one of his favorite teams. If he's into anything else then get him something related to that. If you want to get him something personalized make him a silly scrapbook of your pictures, or if he wouldn't like that you should get him a dog tag with your names on it. Whatever it is if it's from you he'll love it. So be creative, and think about him. I hope I helped.

Best Answer

July 6, 2011 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

Best Answer

Is he getting a car? You could get him a stereo or something else for it if he is getting one. Do you have an amusement park nearby or are there any concerts or sporting events coming to your area? That would be something fun the both of you could do together. Or if you're short on money you could always make him dinner or a picnic. Good luck and Happy Birthday to you both!

Best Answer

August 23, 2015 Flag

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

If you don't have time to make a CD, perhaps you could purchase one that has your favorites on it, or from an artist whose concert you attended together, or want to attend. A framed photo of yourself might be nice. What about a picture of the two of you printed onto a Teeshirt or a mug?

January 19, 2014 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

November 21, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

November 27, 2013 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 months. I am 16 and he will turn 18 on Christmas and I already know what I'm going to get him for Christmas, but not for his birthday. He says "whatever you get me I will be happy with." Well what if I get him something he already has? or don't want/like? We are totally different. I am a country girl and he ain't. So that's kinda what's got me stuck about what to get him. I wanna get it during Black Friday. So please help me.

By Gracie

You should give him a new pair of sneakers or give him a gift card.

PS I'm sorry if my answer did not help you out.

October 17, 2015 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and 3 and half weeks. His birthday is coming up, but I have absolutely no idea what I should get him, because he doesn't really talk about things he likes often. I didn't want to just ask him and then he knows what I am getting him. I have no idea what to do.

Bake him some cookies or bake a birthday cake for him. You might treat him to a concert in your area. Take him out for dinner to a place that is special and a little more expensive than your usual places-- a nice steakhouse or sushi place or something like that.

March 20, 2014 Flag

I need suggestions for what to gift my boyfriend this year as he is turning 20. He loves music. That is all that I know about him and I have a collection of his pictures. Can you suggest to me what to do? Please.

By Perrie

It seems to me that if you only know this about him, you haven't been dating very long. Get him a card. That's enough. If you want to do more, bake him some cookies.

January 14, 2015 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 28th. Every time I ask what he wants, he says nothing. Please help!

By Raylena

Give him a memory/experience. If he has an interest or hobby, say classic cars, take him to a car show. Give him a magazine subscription that reflects his interest. He'll think of you every month for a year.. If he's a sports fan, could you get him tickets for a game? If you have a lot of photos of the two of you, make him a memory book/album. My daughter's boyfriend is a fisherman, and she took him to an outdoor/hunting/fishing show, and out to dinner for his birthday. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayJuly 24, 2013
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎉
🎄