Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 3 years now. His birthday is on May 27th and I'm not sure exactly what to get him. We live around the Kansas City area. He loves watching the Royals, is fascinated with the military, loves antique shopping, and loves G.I. Joes. He is joining the navy and I want to get him a gift that he normally wouldn't buy himself. I'm wanting a gift to where we can go and make a memory together. I don't have a certain price range, I just need ideas on what would be a good gift to buy him?
Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Jenny! If I were an 18 year old guy, I would love that as a gift and just the idea that you would like him to have something of yours, is so-o-o sweet. And who cares that some of your friends saw it.The only thing that matters is that you would like him to have it. So I vote, tie a ribbon on it and give it to him. I bet in 20 years, he'll still have it!

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

Best Answer

Your 18 year old boyfriend is an adult. He is too old for you!

Whatever you decide to get him for his birthday should be something homemade or thoughtful. These are always the best gifts. Don't spend money on him. Its his job to spend money on you!

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Um. Get him something from one of his favorite stores. Also think about what he is into. If it's sports get him something for one of his favorite teams. If he's into anything else then get him something related to that. If you want to get him something personalized make him a silly scrapbook of your pictures, or if he wouldn't like that you should get him a dog tag with your names on it. Whatever it is if it's from you he'll love it. So be creative, and think about him. I hope I helped.

Best Answer

Food! Snacks, pizza, dessert of the month (1 dessert every month), a giant cake all for him.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

How about a gift card from where ever he hangs out after school or practice? Our boys go to Mickey D's or Sonic.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

Is he getting a car? You could get him a stereo or something else for it if he is getting one. Do you have an amusement park nearby or are there any concerts or sporting events coming to your area? That would be something fun the both of you could do together. Or if you're short on money you could always make him dinner or a picnic. Good luck and Happy Birthday to you both!

Best Answer

Browse for unusual holidays that correspond to the date, and celebrate an unusual theme this year.

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

From your post, I gather you and your boyfriend are both working. Here is a nice little idea, which I did for my boyfriend at the time - had a dish garden of various cacti delivered to his workplace with a Happy Birthday balloon (bonsais are very popular now and easy to maintain). My bf was blown away by such an original idea, and was thrilled. He kept the garden for years at his job. Your boyfriend is out of state, and what a lovely reminder of you whenever he sees the gift you sent. People need to get over the outdated notion that men do not like such things. False! We aren't talking 2 dozen red roses in a huge showy vase draped in white lace, but a dish garden. It's thoughtful present.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and 3 and half weeks. His birthday is coming up, but I have absolutely no idea what I should get him, because he doesn't really talk about things he likes often. I didn't want to just ask him and then he knows what I am getting him. I have no idea what to do.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bake him some cookies or bake a birthday cake for him. You might treat him to a concert in your area. Take him out for dinner to a place that is special and a little more expensive than your usual places-- a nice steakhouse or sushi place or something like that.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
        Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 months. I am 16 and he will turn 18 on Christmas and I already know what I'm going to get him for Christmas, but not for his birthday. He says "whatever you get me I will be happy with." Well what if I get him something he already has? or don't want/like? We are totally different. I am a country girl and he ain't. So that's kinda what's got me stuck about what to get him. I wanna get it during Black Friday. So please help me.

By Gracie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi,

Don't worry, I think you are more in a confusing state as it is found in many people that for planning gifts they just get confused.

Anyways their are three ways you can search for gifts for him:

1. Find a gift that you think he never had.

2. Find a gift that suits his interest & hobbies. (best way)

3. Find a gift that he already have but need to be replaced.(i.e. if he have wallet that is too old then replace it with a brand new wallet, so same way you can replace his old things with brand new.

Read More Answers...

I need suggestions for what to gift my boyfriend this year as he is turning 20. He loves music. That is all that I know about him and I have a collection of his pictures. Can you suggest to me what to do? Please.

By Perrie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If that's all you know about him, then I don't think it's appropriate to give him a gift at all. He may think you're rushing things a bit.

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 28th. Every time I ask what he wants, he says nothing. Please help!

By Raylena

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Give him a memory/experience. If he has an interest or hobby, say classic cars, take him to a car show. Give him a magazine subscription that reflects his interest. He'll think of you every month for a year.. If he's a sports fan, could you get him tickets for a game? If you have a lot of photos of the two of you, make him a memory book/album. My daughter's boyfriend is a fisherman, and she took him to an outdoor/hunting/fishing show, and out to dinner for his birthday. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up, I have no idea what I should get. He is in the Army, he loves to hunt, fish, he plays video games sometimes, he likes Penn state and the Steelers. He does so many things for other people and I just wanna get him something amazing. We have only been together for 4 months, but have gotten to know each other so well. I'm just stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions?

By Tiffany L

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a boyfriend that sounds a lot like yours :) Slightly country but is diverse and gets along with all kinds of people. For his first birthday I got him a pocket knife with his initials carved into it. Surprisingly inexpensive! I got it from PersonalCreations.com I also made him a tie blanket. You could get one with a Penn State logo on it? hope these help!

I'm 15 and I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 7 months and in 2 months time my boyfriend is having his 18th birthday. I have no idea what to get him. He is a lovely amazing lad and I love him loads. Please help.

By Catrin W

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you can afford it, a nice portrait of you would be loved. However, be careful. He is not an adult till his birthday, then things between you might be a bit "dicey" with your relationship. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

Okay so my boyfriend is turning 15, and we've only been going out for 6 months, but are really serious. He's into bands and music, but already has an iPod and everything, and we're already going to a concert for his birthday (sponsored by his parents).

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
        Load More
        Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayJuly 24, 2013
        Boyfriend and Girlfriend
        Locating an Old Boyfriend
        boyfriend and girlfriend
        Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
        Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
        Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
        Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
        Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 6:04:10 PM on 10.0.1.167 in 331 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.