Browsing: Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 27, 2011 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

You could make him a tie dye shirt it does not cost much but you should buy a kit, not the powder die, cause in a kit all you do is add water to the bottle and it's something you can both do.

May 30, 2012 Flag

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

Best Answer

Your 18 year old boyfriend is an adult. He is too old for you!

Whatever you decide to get him for his birthday should be something homemade or thoughtful. These are always the best gifts. Don't spend money on him. Its his job to spend money on you!

December 6, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Best Answer

Food! Snacks, pizza, dessert of the month (1 dessert every month), a giant cake all for him.

My boy friend and I have been dating for 2 month and I love him so much. I don't know what to do for his birthday? I am thinking and I have no idea what to get him! His birthday after a month but I am thinking from now to make every thing perfect for him. Please if any one has got any ideas, share it and thanks a lot.

July 6, 2011 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

Best Answer

Is he getting a car? You could get him a stereo or something else for it if he is getting one. Do you have an amusement park nearby or are there any concerts or sporting events coming to your area? That would be something fun the both of you could do together. Or if you're short on money you could always make him dinner or a picnic. Good luck and Happy Birthday to you both!

Best Answer

Browse for unusual holidays that correspond to the date, and celebrate an unusual theme this year.

August 23, 2015 Flag

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

If you don't have time to make a CD, perhaps you could purchase one that has your favorites on it, or from an artist whose concert you attended together, or want to attend. A framed photo of yourself might be nice. What about a picture of the two of you printed onto a Teeshirt or a mug?

From your post, I gather you and your boyfriend are both working. Here is a nice little idea, which I did for my boyfriend at the time - had a dish garden of various cacti delivered to his workplace with a Happy Birthday balloon (bonsais are very popular now and easy to maintain). My bf was blown away by such an original idea, and was thrilled. He kept the garden for years at his job. Your boyfriend is out of state, and what a lovely reminder of you whenever he sees the gift you sent. People need to get over the outdated notion that men do not like such things. False! We aren't talking 2 dozen red roses in a huge showy vase draped in white lace, but a dish garden. It's thoughtful present.

January 19, 2014 Flag

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

Find out what brand of drumsticks he uses and buy him some new ones. Otherwise, a gift card to a local music store might be a good idea.

November 21, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Wendy

Hey :-) My boyfriend and I had been together for around... eight months, and for his 17th I got him a silver guitar pick with a lyric to a song he said made him think about me before we started going out. That, and a jar of all the red sweeties out of jelly babies, haribo, jelly tots, fruit pastilles etc. cause those were his favourite ones. But he's eighteen in like, two weeks, and I'm not sure what to get him which will sorta top what I got him last year lol. But I hope this helps :)

Load More
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayJuly 24, 2013
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:19:26 AM on 10.0.1.95 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.