Bleach stains on counter top.

I have bleach stains on my brand new counter top, is there anyway I can get rid of them? I tried baking soda and water but it didn't help at all.

Tammy

Answers:

Bleach stains on counter top.

Unfortunately bleach spots might not come out no matter what you use. It actually changes the color of the surface. If your new counter top is Corian or one of the new solid countertops, you may be able to sand it down to the color again. If it is Formica (it is a laminate placed over wood), you are probably out of luck. Use great care when using bleach on countertops. (02/04/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Bleach stains on counter top.

I had this happen on a dark green formica counter top. The bleach caused a white frosted appearance. The only way I could remove it was by hand sanding gently with 1500 grit SiC sandpaper, then used a silver polish to re-smooth the surface. The risk is that you may go too deep as I did in one area since the strain was deeper in this one spot. Bleach really does a job on Formica and it wasn' that it bleached the pattern but rather changed the surface characteristics (07/05/2004)

By Bill M.

Bleach stains on counter top.

I poured neat bleach all over our year old kitchen surfaces to remove tea stains and now I have huge yellow stains everywhere. This occured on a white color top so no colour is safe from bleach.BEWARE THE BLEACH OR PAY DEARLY!
(01/22/2006)

Bleach stains on counter top.

I used Shout (laundry stain remover) to remove yellow bleach stains on my white counter. After trying many products without success, I sprayed Shout on the stain and let it soak overnight. It worked! (06/29/2006)

By mnmom

Bleach stains on counter top.

Try soaking a papertowel in reconstituted lemon juice place it over stain to soak. (08/23/2006)

By k-ray-z

Bleach Stain on a Countertop
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher
🎄