Body Odor Remedies

Sweating and odor, I will admit to it. I have tried a few things out there with no success till now. I thought I let you know what is working for me that I just discovered.

I first clean off my armpits with alcohol with baby wipes. Then I put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and dab it on my armpits. I let it air dry and then you can put on your favorite deodorant. It really works (both tea tree and alcohol kill bacteria). So what do you use?

By Tomnsaby from ABQ, NM

Answers:

Body Odor Remedies

Dear Tom, If you are a male and use tea tree oil on a regular basis, please be aware that there are studies that link tea tree oil with gynomastica (Male breast growth). Tea tree oil is great but be aware of current research. (09/05/2009)

By readingiggits

Body Odor Remedies

Yes, I've been dousing my pits with alcohol regularly during the summer months. But, what works even better is Listerine. Buy only the original and unsweetened amber kind, not the blue mint or citrus. Not only does Listerine have alcohol in it, it also has menthol and eucalyptus which also kill fungus as well. Also, it really helps to take a zinc supplement daily if you have body odor or excess sweating. Zinc can help prevent body odor.

For some reason, as good as Tea Tree oil works, it's smell makes me want to gag! Sadly, I just can't stomach it. (09/05/2009)

By Cyinda

Body Odor Remedies

I use one of those crystal stones that you dampen and then apply to your armpits. (09/05/2009)

By Maryeileen

Body Odor Remedies

Mouthwash works very well. Sweating is necessary and deodorant cloggs glands. But odor control is necessary. I have used mouthwash in cotten pads for years. (09/05/2009)

By JUNKYMUNKY

Body Odor Remedies

I've read somewhere (maybe here) that in a pinch antibiotic hand washing gel works as a deodorant. Kills germ! (09/05/2009)

By merlene

Body Odor Remedies

Vinegar. I use it all summer. (09/08/2009)

By sandy63

Body Odor Remedies

Mix baking soda and cornstarch together and puff it on. The baking soda kills the odor and the cornstarch limits the perspiration. This is a great all over powder.

Also, I take a chlorophyll tablet every day. That kills the odor from the inside out. (A charcoal tablet works well, also, but if you take any medication, it can absorb the meds.)
(09/10/2009)

By Hobneffle

Body Odor Remedies

Eat lots of celery. Celery contains natural pheromones that make (men especially) smell nice to the opposite sex. The smell is quite powerful, but because it is similar to good human smells it is able to both mask bad smells and make us smell good also. In addition it is great for the complexion, sleep disorders, water retention and a whole load of other ailments. (11/29/2009)

By heroesfitness

Body Odor Remedies
Sweaty Body Odor
Remedies for Body Odor
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Leather Chair
Removing Body Odor from Leather
Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
🎉
🎄