Breakfast Cookie Recipes

Category Breakfast
You can buy breakfast or granola bars at the market or make you own healthy, delicious breakfast cookies at home. This page contains breakfast cookie recipes.

These breakfast cookies are just as good as a big bowl of oatmeal, just as healthy, and much quicker. They can be taken with you to have with coffee mid-morning if you're not a breakfast person. Children like the idea of having a big cookie for breakfast to go with milk or hot chocolate. They are super-easy to make too.

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add corn oil and melted butter. Mix until nice and thick. Add applesauce, cinnamon, and half the cake mix. Stir the cake mix in well, then add the other half box of cake mix and stir that in. Add raisins and nuts, if using. Mix everything together. Stir in the oatmeal. The dough is going to be very thick.

If it seems too thick to work with, add 2 Tbsp. applesauce or more. Some oatmeal takes up a lot more moisture than others. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.

I love using parchment paper, and I can use it over and over while I'm baking in one session. That's usually about 8 pans of cookies, then I throw it away. It's done its job very well.

For these breakfast cookies, I use about 2/3 cup of dough for each and with lightly floured hands, pat them out to almost an inch thick and 4 inches around or a little more.

They don't spread much. I bake them at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. The cookies are going to still be pretty soft even after they've cooled on a wire rack. Do not allow them to over-brown. When completely cool, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate.

When ready to eat or wrap to take with you, place one in the microwave for about 30 seconds at full power. I wrap it in a paper towel, and it's ready to eat right from the paper or pop it into a little plastic bag.

The same dough works just fine for regular-sized cookies. Make them whatever size you like, bake them on parchment at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Servings: Lots
Time:Less than 10 Minutes Preparation Time

15-20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I was in a hurry to get all the cookies baked one day, and decided to make some extra-large ones. The children loved them for breakfast and told me it was the same thing as eating a bowl of oatmeal. I had to agree. We've been making Oatmeal-Raisin Breakfast Cookies ever since.

By pookarina from Boca Raton, FL

I make cake mix cookies often. Haven't tried this recipe yet but look forward to it. My recipe calls for 1 box mix, 1/2 cup of oil and 2 eggs plus any flavoring/added ingredient you like such as chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Works really well with spice cake mix and toffee bits, or carrot cake mix and raisins, etc. I like really fresh cookies, so I make the mix, bake a few cookies and keep the mix in the fridge. It keeps over a week and I just bake fresh cookies every morning. Takes about 15 minutes at 350.

Yes, you really can eat cookies in the morning! These ones anyways.:) They are tasty, nutritious, and very filling. You will feel great and have the energy to get through the morning with these. You may even want to make a double batch and freeze the extra for later. Enjoy!

Total Time: About 20 minutes plus baking time.

Yield: About 20

Source: Modified from a recipe in one of my cookbooks, Clean Eating.

• 3 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds

1. Combine your oats, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk your egg, oil, sugar, milk, and extract in another large bowl.
  3. Add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix just until combined.
  4. Ad
  5. Add your cherries and almonds.**Next time I am going to add a half cup of carob chips for a special treat.
  6. Use a 1/4 cup measure, packing it tightly, but not completely full. Place your cookies on a well greased cookie sheet or baking stone. Grease the bottom of the cup and flatten each cookie before baking.
  7. Bake at *350 F for about 16 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the edges. Enjoy!

This looks great but any substitute for grape seed oil? Don't have it.

Protein and Fiber Packed Breakfast Cookies

Whole grain, packed with nutrition, gluten-free, and vegetarian (vegan if made with maple syrup), this breakfast cookie has no right to taste good... but it does! This is a great breakfast on the go. A much healthier choice than packaged granola, protein, or fiber bars.

A healthy, delicious way to get your day started.

These freeze well. Please share some with an older friend/neighbor that no longer is able to bake. Cookie hugs...

Combine eggs, honey and butter and stir well. Add raisins, walnuts and apricots. Stir to combine. In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.

Videos

Treat your children at breakfast time with these tasty treats. Learn how to make them in this short video.

I am looking for a recipe that my mother used to make when I was a child, about 20 or so years ago. It was a savory healthful breakfast cookie-type thing. The recipe was originally distributed in a recipe booklet by Quaker and it called for oats, eggs, bacon, and cheese among other things that we have forgotten. Does anyone have this recipe?

Thanks!
Amanda from Claremore, OK

These don't sound that similar now that I re-read your post. They don't have bacon and cheese, but they still sound good.

Breakfast Cookies

1/2 pound bacon

1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1 cup of flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups of multi-grain flakes or corn flakes

1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon until very crisp, drain well and break into 1/2 inch pieces. Beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Stir in bacon, mult-grain flakes and raisins.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove to rack to cool--about 2 minutes, then remove from rack.

http://www.cook  5-232200,00.html

If this one is not exactly what you want, enter "breakfast cookies" in the search box at the top of the page on the site. I like their recipes and refer to it often.

From site:

http://www.quak  m?recipeid=11344

breakfast take alongs

ingredients

2/3 cup butter or margerine, softened

2/3 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

1-1/2 cups Quaker oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar chesse

1/2 cup Kretschmer's Wheat Germ or chopped nuts

6 slices bacon, crisply cooked

preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. Beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.

3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, cheese, wheat germ and bacon. Add to butter mixture.

4. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful on to greased cookie sheet: bake 12 to 14 mins or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 min on cookie sheet: removed to wire cooling rack. Store in losely covered container in refrigerator or at room temperature.

Servings: 3 dozen

notes and cook tips These crisp cookies are made with bacon and cheese. So they're extra high in protein and good nutrition.

i checked this web-site and found quite a lot. think you might also. www.quakeroats.com/qfb_Recipes/index.cfm -