Burn Mark on Countertop

I burned a ring in my white laminate countertop so I decided to sand it out and simply put polyurethane on it thinking it would turn out like the rest of the counter. It did not, the polyurethane dried brownish yellow. Yuk! I spent all day getting that off with a razor blade. Now my countertop looks awful. What can I do? I want to make it shine again. I really don't need anything fancy (like the granite top look alike) just simple, clean, and shiny. Can you help?

By Stacy from Plano, TX

Answers:

Burn Mark on Countertop

I think the best solution is to have the counter top replaced. Look in the yellow pages for someone that does laminated counter tops. All they would do is strip off the thin laminate, sand off the old glue and replace the old laminate. It is a easy job rather than spend a lot of labor trying to restore your current laminate which may prove in the long run to be impossible. The counter top guys will give you an estimate. (07/13/2010)

By foxrun41

Burn Mark on Countertop

Did you know you can paint laminated countertops? When I moved into my condo the countertop was beige with brown spots. I painted my kitchen blue and white and I painted the countertop with rustoleum (this is a brand name paint) I mixed a marine blue and white and it turned out beautifully. I kept a small jar of the mixed paint for touchup. I only had to touch it up once in 10 years. (07/13/2010)

By AvaElizabeth

Burn Mark on Countertop
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
🎉
🎄