Burn Mark on Countertop

How do I remove a burn mark from a hot pan on a Formica countertop?

By CHRIS from Wilmington, NC

Best Answer

I recently put a pyrex dish on my churches formica countertop. I sanded the bunt area and mixed matching Epozy glue and acrylic paints since it was a swirled pattern. I built these layers up slowly about 4-5 for the paint to reach the same indention height as the burn. Each coating I applied just to the burnt area wiping the area around it with a wash rag. As it dried I rubbed across the burn carefully to smooth out the paint. After 4-5 layers or when it looked right I let it dry overnight. If there were any raised areas I would scrape off with a putty knife carefully. In the morning I sealed it with a sealer and it is completely unnoticable!

Anonymous

It is almost impossible to repair an area of a formica countertop so it will blend in. You are better off to replace or paint it. Here are instructions for painting.

www.wikihow.com/Paint-Formica-Countertops

The link below is for painting laminate countertops. I am including it because it tells how to sponge paint a countertop, so if you want, you could use the proper formica paint and primer, but maybe use a sponge and apply different colors of paint.
www.diynetwork.com/.../index.html