Burn Marks In My Microwave

My husband put an aluminum foil pan in the microwave and there was a black burnt spot on the door. Can this be fixed? It is a new microwave/hood above the oven (3 months old) and I would really like to fix it instead of replacing the whole thing.

Ndassen from CA

Answers:

Burn Marks In My Microwave

You can try to remove the black marks with some mild chemical and a steel sponge, but it will never be like new again I guess. (02/24/2008)

Burn Marks In My Microwave

If it's just a surface scorch and it hasn't pock marked the plastic coating on the inside of the door, try a plastic polish which can rub it away by abrading off a microscopic layer of the plastic while not hazing or scratching. Try an auto parts store. These polishes require a goodly amount of elbow grease and sometimes come in coarse, medium, and fine grit which have to be used in succession. (10/22/2008)

By Red Neck

Burn Marks In My Microwave

I have the same problem. You get these crayon mark removers like Goof-Off from Home Depot, it removes burn marks from the microwave. (07/21/2009)

By ramsa

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄