Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

I have a stainless steel pan that was burnt on the inside. Now it has a dull look and grayish smears; it is not shiny anymore. My question is can this type of damage be repaired without more damage and make the pan shiny again? This pan was so new before I over heated and messed up my nice pan. Can someone help?

By Dora from Prince Georges, MD

Answers:

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Try Nevr-dull wadding polish. It is found in the auto department or auto parts stores. A friend sent left over cake from a celebration home with me, I used this Nevr-dull on her pan and when I returned it to her she said it wasn't her pan. She could see her reflection in it after years of baked on stuff. Make sure you wash the pan with soap and water after using the Nevr-dull. (11/19/2009)

By cheymamma

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Barkeeper's Friend! (11/21/2009)

By Noella

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Boil vinegar in it. You only need enough vinegar to cover where the pot it blackened. Smelly, but it lifts the goo right off. If you have a gas grill with an extra burner, you can do it outside. (11/21/2009)

By LAnBfflo

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

I immediately poured hot water into the pot, about a cup of baking soda and 4 squirts of dish washing liquid. After about 10 minutes, I emptied the pot and added another cup of baking soda. As I was stirring it around with my plastic dish brush to make a paste, most of the black stuff came up! Rinsed that out and added another cup of baking soda, left it on for 15 minutes and scrubbed out the few remaining spots with a nylon scrubby. Good as new! (01/03/2010)

By zenyin

paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🎉
🎄