Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

How do I clean a burnt stainless steel saucepan without damaging it inside?

Patricia from Tasmania, Australia

Answers:

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Pour a regular can of coca cola and bring to a boil. Boil for at least 5 minutes and burnt stuff should come right off. (11/18/2008)

By Cathy from MA

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

To clean a pan I use just a little bit of hot HOT water and a lot of baking soda, and scrub it with an SOS pad. Works like a charm. (11/18/2008)

By superwoman

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

The easiest way to clean a burnt pan is to fill it 3/4 full with water and add biological washing detergent and boil it. The timing depends on how burnt it is.But do make sure you rinse it thoroughly afterward. This works every time. Jan U.K. (11/19/2008)

By blackbess

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Thanks to all those who contributed tips for the burnt stainless steel pan. I used the bi-carb soda tip and it worked well, I now have a nice clean saucepan again. Thanks to you all.
(11/20/2008)

By Patricia (Tasmania) Australia

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Our pan was scorched after being used to steam tamales. My son put white vinegar in the pan and in half an hour, it came clean with a little rub from a green scrubbie pad (12/25/2008)

By Nina

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

Borax still works like a charm every time my husband burns food in our stainless steel pans. Every brand from Revereware to our new Rachel Ray full stainless steel set has become beautiful once more using good old Borax with your fav handwashing detergent. You'll be able to see your reflection in the bottom of the pan just like the first day you took them out of the box. (02/21/2009)

By Mywaywks

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

I burnt grilled cheese in my dad's new pan and the pan burnt also for some weird reason. My parents tried everything, and my dad was so mad he wasn't talking to me. So I decided to fix it before he got home from work. I tried everything again, nothing even mixing vinegar, lemon juice, warm water and dish soap. So I tried the baking soda paste and it was amazing what was clinging on for its own life before just let loose. THANK YOU! (03/31/2009)

By firefly557