Busy Day Casserole

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 Tbsp. shortening
  • 1/2 tsp. sage
  • 1 crushed bay leaf
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 4 large potatoes
  • 3 medium onions
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can tomatoes (1 lb. size)
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Brown meat in shortening and season with sage, paprika and bay leaf. Cut potatoes and onions in thin slices and arrange in alternate layers with meat in a medium sized casserole. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over layers. Bake for 1 1/2 hours in a 350 degree F oven.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Busy Day Casserole

I make a very similar dish to this called goulash and it is delicious served with sour cream. Sometimes I add carrots and other vegetables to bulk it up.

Thanks for the post. I haven't made it in a while and now my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Might just make it tonight! (12/29/2006)

By Kfromoz

Busy Day Casserole
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
May Day Flowers
Celebrating May Day