Overnight French Toast Casserole

Category Breakfast
Making a French toast casserole the night before can save time when planning a brunch, or perhaps just breakfast on an otherwise busy day. This is a guide about making an overnight French toast casserole.

The best part in making this delicious breakfast is that it is prepared in advance. By the time you bake it the next day it is moist and yummy!

Total Time: 30 min. prep and 45 min. bake

Yield: 6-8

• 1 loaf Texas Toast
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • powdered sugar, optional
  • maple syrup, optional

1. Melt butter in a bowl in the microwave. Add brown sugar and stir until well combined.
  2. Pour the butter mixture into a 9x13 inch pan, and spread out evenly.
  3. Ad

4. Put one layer of bread into the pan.
  5. Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
  6. Ad

7. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture over the bread, spread it out evenly with a spoon if necessary.
  8. Put a second layer of bread into the pan, then pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread. Spread out if necessary.
  9. Ad

10. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours).
  11. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake casserole, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
  12. Ad

13. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!

This is an easy way to make French toast in the oven using your leftover dinner rolls and eggnog. Prep it the night before, then stick it in the oven in the morning. I had non-alcoholic eggnog on hand so I added a bit of brandy. You could just use alcoholic eggnog. The alcohol burns off when it cooks, but the rich flavour stays. Yum!

Cover with foil; refrigerate overnight or freeze up to one week. Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Remove bread slices from refrigerator or freezer (do not thaw); remove foil...

Videos

The best part in making this delicious breakfast is that it is prepared in advance. By the time you bake it the next day it is moist and yummy! View the full recipe here: Overnight French Toast Casserole

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for a recipe for overnite French toast casserole/bake. It uses vanilla liquid coffee creamer, day old bread and half and half. Those are the only contents I can remember. It is absolutely delicious. I have searched and searched and have been unable to locate the exact recipe I misplaced. Can anyone help?

By Audrey L.

Answers

This one uses creamer instead of milk or halfnhalf... http://www.kris  t-family-recipe/
And here's a whole Pinterest page on french tpast... http://pinteres  ch-toast-heaven/
Here's French vanilla creamer (a couple french toast): http://www.yumm  -vanilla-creamer
And Pioneer Woman's version: http://thepione  ed-french-toast/

Sorry! I tried to Google (Google!), but couldn't find... you may just have to improvise & write it down as you go!! (I would add chopped walnuts!)

You might try "googleing" the recipe. I did and it gave me several different recipes. Hope you find the one you are looking for there.

Here is one in case you haven't already found one:

Baked French Toast

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F

Mix:
1 cup French vanilla coffee creamer (liquid)
1/3- 1/2 cup milk
6 eggs
3 Tbsp. sugar.
1 tsp. vanilla

If too thick add more milk , if too thin, add eggs or creamer
Sprinkle with cinnamon

Dip 1 inch slices of day old french bread and set aside. Generously butter jelly roll pan. Heat in oven 1 minute; remove from oven. Arranged dipped bread in hot pan drizzle any remaining mixture over bread. Bake 5-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown; turn bread. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Then turn the oven to broil and broil each side for about a minute each. Add your favorite toppings (whipped cream and strawberries below). I actually like the bread all by itself, too.

I would like a make ahead (freezer friendly) recipe for a Breakfast Casserole. I don't want to do the typical egg type strata with cheese and eggs.

I am wondering if there is a casserole type dish that is reminiscent of French Toast or Pancakes. The more servings the better. Thanks.

By Christine Audi from Countryside, VA

Answers

I have a great recipe I make every year for x mas. I hope its something you haven't seen yet. Things you need all natural dark maple syrup, 1 stick of melted butter, 8 oz whipped cream cheese, 10 eggs, 1 1/2 cup of half & half, 1 tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar, thin sliced Pepperidge Farm bread. Layer bread & cream cheese till done pour mixture of syrup, milk, eggs,& butter vanilla sprinkle with cinnamon let sit over night (i never froze it). Preheat 350 F. sprinkle brown sugar & bake about 20 min. Enjoy.

Ingredients

• 1 (10oz)loaf of long French bread
  • 8 eggs
  • 3 cups of milk
  • 4 tsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. margarine
  • cinnamon

Directions

Grease a 9x13 inch cake pan. Slice the French bread 1 inch thick and layer in pan. Mix thoroughly the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Pour over the bread mixture (bread will float to top). Dot bread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with butter and flavored syrups.

Easy breakfast to make during the busy holidays or when company stays overnight.

Source: From Linda, a close friend.

By Sandy from Graettinger, IA

Answers: