Boozy Almond Baked French Toast

Category Breakfast
If you are having an adult breakfast or brunch, this delicious baked French toast will please your guests. This guide contains a recipe for boozy almond baked French toast.

This is an easy way to make French toast in the oven using your leftover dinner rolls and eggnog. Prep it the night before, then stick it in the oven in the morning. I had non-alcoholic eggnog on hand so I added a bit of brandy. You could just use alcoholic eggnog. The alcohol burns off when it cooks, but the rich flavour stays. Yum!

Yield: 4 servings

• 2 cups ripped up bread rolls
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1 ounce brandy
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp orange zest
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds

1. Whisk eggnog, brandy, egg, sugar, salt and orange zest in a bowl.
  2. Grease a baking pan and fill with ripped up bread rolls and almonds. Then pour in eggnog mixture.
  3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
  4. Bake in preheated 425 F oven for about 30 minutes, until golden. Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fruit.

Hi Attosa,
Thanks for this great recipe. I love to make, make ahead breakfast/brunch ideas. I have a question about your recipe. It looks like you are putting everything into a pie plate. The picture could be deceiving or I guess it could be a rather large pie plate. I just wanted to make sure on pan size before I went any further.

TIA

Judi

Hi Judi!
I usually use a 9x9 pyrex glass for my baked breakfasts but all of them were in use for the holidays so I used a similar sized pie plate. I don't know why I prefer the glass, but this worked just the same. I tend to keep on eye on the browning of the tops and sides as an indicator of when to pull it when I change the dish! I hope that helps!