Boozy Almond Baked French Toast
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 3, 2018
This is an easy way to make French toast in the oven using your leftover dinner rolls and eggnog. Prep it the night before, then stick it in the oven in the morning. I had non-alcoholic eggnog on hand so I added a bit of brandy. You could just use alcoholic eggnog. The alcohol burns off when it cooks, but the rich flavour stays. Yum!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups ripped up bread rolls
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Whisk eggnog, brandy, egg, sugar, salt and orange zest in a bowl.
- Grease a baking pan and fill with ripped up bread rolls and almonds. Then pour in eggnog mixture.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in preheated 425 F oven for about 30 minutes, until golden. Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fruit.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.