Calico Breed Information and Photos

Calico refers to the coloration of these sweet, loving, and loyal cats rather than defining an actual breed. Calico cats are generally accepted into many breeds except, for example, pointed breeds, ie. Siamese. This is a guide about Calico breed information and photos.

November 17, 2011 Flag

We have a young calico colored cat. It has very light tan markings plus blue colored markings and no other color on it. I have never seen a blue and light tan colored cat before. Does anyone know anything about this color of cat?

By Lynda from Grinnell, IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's called a Blue Cream or a Dilute Tortoiseshell or Calico depending on how much white.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 17, 2011 Flag

Pepper is a calico cat and lives in the barn. We adopted her when we moved here. We noticed lately that she loves to climb trees and shrubs. She had been eyeballing the bird feeder for a few days; watching from the ground.

What a surprise we had on Christmas morning to find Pepper in the bird-feeder. She had moved in and was ready to ambush. :)

By Sheila

Pepper (Calico Cat)

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I'm the tree ornament. :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

November 2, 2009 Flag

Tilly and Sophie are 3 months old and Calicos. My daughter's friend found the kittens abandoned in her garage. They were only about 3 weeks old.

They love to chase each other around the house. And they snuggle together when they sleep. They really love each other!

By Beth from Menomonee Falls, WI

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Who can resist kittens! 5 stars and a thumbs up to you for taking them in!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 15, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
Daisy is giving her baby a little kiss. She is such a good mommy to little Lela, and takes good care of all her kittens. I'm not rehoming this kitten until the spring.

Photo Location
Hampton, TN

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a couple of cuties! Too sweet!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 7, 2012 Flag

Cheebus is 9 years old. Cheebus is very special to me because my best friend gave her to me right before she passed away from a sudden severe stroke at the age of 29. I wasn't looking to have another cat, but she told me I'd make a good mother.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 31, 2011 Flag

Long haired calico cat portrait

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Kelly is a 6 year old long haired, calico cat. We got Kelly from a friend who is moving from Washington to Michigan. She has been living with us for three months now. Kelly is very loving, playful, and flirty cat.

July 8, 2011 Flag

Sleeping calico cat on cushion

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Pip is an 8 year old calico cat. I found her as a tiny kitten one very hot day while taking a walk. She was huddled on the sidewalk in the corner of a downtown building.

July 7, 2011 Flag

Bella calico cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Bella is a 4 year old Calico Cat. I was fostering Bella last year for PURRS in Naperville. I fell in love with her and wanted her to stay with me forever.

October 16, 2016 Flag

silhouette of Piglet in window

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I got her from the animal shelter several years ago. She likes to play with a paper wad or bread tie. She likes to watch the snow from inside the house in her favorite window sill.

June 6, 2009 Flag

Tater (Calico)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tater (Tat) is less than a year old. She's a "Heinz57" (mixed breed, unknown, Mutt). When I first moved here my neighbor brought her to me. She likes to catch mice and bring them to me! Tater likes to nap with me.

December 10, 2014 Flag

cat in a red jacket

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Earlier this year, I was all ready for a kitten. I had bought food, a litter box, litter, toys, a brush, a bed, everything I needed. The only thing I was missing was the kitten.

December 9, 2014 Flag

black and white photo of Lola

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I got her from my aunt about 4 months ago, but I knew her when she was a baby as well.

April 28, 2011 Flag

Callie (Calico Cat)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Callie is a 4 1/2 years old calico cat. We got Callie from a friend, when she was a tiny kitten. She was the runt of the litter. Callie loves to play outside, and chase the butterflies.

February 7, 2013 Flag

Cat sitting next to aquarium.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Since I got this fish aquarium, it is Callie's favorite place to sit. She loves watching the fish swim and bats at the outside glass. Bet she would love to really get at my fish!

July 2, 2015 Flag

diluted calico cat under a blanket

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I was working from home and when my girlfriend came in she gave me a box and put it in my hands while I was on the phone for business.

October 13, 2011 Flag

Cat Laying on Fax Machine

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

How often do we feel just like this while waiting for that important fax? This is Gizzy, our 2 year old. My husband named her Gizmo after she had laid her ears flat out once as a kitten while watching a bird.

October 11, 2016 Flag

Lumpy

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We got them when my husband suffered a stroke. He was under a lot of stress which brought on the stroke with high blood pressure so we got the kittens to help relieve some stress.

March 3, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Lucy is a 10 year old Calico cat. I got Lucy 9 years ago when a friend had a baby and got rid of Lucy. I would rather have Lucy then a baby any day.

February 19, 2010 Flag

Molly (Calico)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is Molly. She is a healthy 7 year old, and was about 2 weeks in this photo. She's a medium-long haired calico. Molly was found by my neighbor when she was 2 days old. Her eyes didn't open for a week. We fed her with a bottle which you see, she took to easily.

June 6, 2012 Flag

Callie, a calico cat on a deck railing

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Callie is 5 years old and a calico. We got Callie as a kitten several years ago. She is the mother of 4 beautiful kitties. We kept 2 and gave 2 to other family members. We had her fixed so she won't have any more kittens.

November 28, 2012 Flag

Cali doing her splat cat impression.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Cali was our daughter's cat. She got her from the Humane Society on Ohau. She came to stay with us for awhile and was the acting mommy cat to our little tabby Pekoe.

January 25, 2007 Flag

calico cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Maggie the Cat (Calico). Maggie is a 3 year old Calico Cat. A friend gave her to me when she was a kitten.

March 23, 2014 Flag

Powderpuff on the bed.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

20 yrs ago my husband found her in our backyard hiding up the tree, scared to death of the other cats, with a pick bow around her neck. He finally got her down, she was white and gray, mostly white and fluffy as she still is. She is old now and set in her ways, a queen, and stays in the bedroom.

February 24, 2006 Flag

Ms. Jewel is our calico charmer's name. We brought her home from a Animal Rescue when she was six months, as her previous owner passed away. It was funny because of her vibrant colors, we named her Jewel. However, I think she was meant to have this new name.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 10, 2008 Flag

Cat with her head in a tuna can.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Hailey is 5 years old. She was born in a barn and someone found her.

Load More
Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 18, 2013
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:11:36 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.