Calico Breed Information and Photos

Calico refers to the coloration of these sweet, loving, and loyal cats rather than defining an actual breed. Calico cats are generally accepted into many breeds except, for example, pointed breeds, ie. Siamese. This is a guide about Calico breed information and photos.

Calico Cat
Filter Sort

Pepper (Calico Cat)

By Sheila 65 55

Pepper is a calico cat and lives in the barn. We adopted her when we moved here. We noticed lately that she loves to climb trees and shrubs. She had been eyeballing the bird feeder for a few days; watching from the ground.

What a surprise we had on Christmas morning to find Pepper in the bird-feeder. She had moved in and was ready to ambush. :)

By Sheila

Pepper (Calico Cat)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tilly and Sophie (Calico Cats)

By Beth 1 2

Tilly and Sophie are 3 months old and Calicos. My daughter's friend found the kittens abandoned in her garage. They were only about 3 weeks old.

They love to chase each other around the house. And they snuggle together when they sleep. They really love each other!

By Beth from Menomonee Falls, WI

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tater (Calico)

By melody_yesterday 228 664

Tater (Tat) is less than a year old. She's a "Heinz57" (mixed breed, unknown, Mutt). When I first moved here my neighbor brought her to me. She likes to catch mice and bring them to me! Tater likes to nap with me. She likes to suck my thumb and sometimes chew to wake me up.

She loves ice cream in the evening and raw fresh farm eggs for breakfast. She likes to watch the Sci-Fi channel and likes the computer. She especially likes to help me type! We like sharing a bag of chips or crackers. She loves being outside.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Tater (Calico)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cheryl (Long Hair Calico)

Closeup of Cheryl.Cheryl is a long haired Calico. She loves to think she is "hiding" in the grass.

By Nikki from Santa Clarita, CA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Maggie the Cat (Calico)

By Marcella Babineaux 1

Maggie is a 3 year old Calico Cat. A friend gave her to me when she was a kitten.

She likes to chase birds and bugs. She is a lap cat, she loves to sit on someone's lap.

By Marcella from Jeanerette, LA

calico cat

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lola (Calico)

By richards16emily 1

black and white photo of Lola

Your Pet's Age
1 year

Your Pet's Breed
short haired calico cat

How and when did you get your pet?
I got her from my aunt about 4 months ago, but I knew her when she was a baby as well.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She stays on her cat post and climbs up and down it, she plays with string, and she loves attention.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Hailey The Cat

By Carol Young 89 39

Hailey is 5 years old. She was born in a barn and someone found her.

She likes to chase anything with catnip in it. We decided to get a large can of tuna at our local Costco. I usually give Hailey the little tidbits at the bottom and I just had to take a picture of her with the giant warehouse can of tuna. She could fit her whole head in it!

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Cat with her head in a tuna can.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cassie and Allie Cat

By Sherri T 3

Cassie and Allie Cat are are 6 and 7 and are tortoise shell and calico female cats.

Allie showed up at door in rainstorm and Cassie we got after our other calico cat was put to sleep.

They both like to lie in sun mostly and sleep. Both are quite friendly, but Allie cat was probably abused as a kitten and tends to bite if petted too much. But we love her anyways and believe God sent her to us to take care of.

By Sherri from Granbury, TX

Tortoiseshell cat.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Callie (Calico Cat)

By dorothy wedenoja 170 111

Callie is a 4 1/2 years old calico cat. We got Callie from a friend, when she was a tiny kitten. She was the runt of the litter.

Callie loves to play outside and chase the butterflies. She had a litter of kittens about 2 years ago, and we kept two of the kittens. They are both bigger than she is.

By Dorothy

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cheebus (Cat)

By attosa 173 425

Cheebus is 9 years old. Cheebus is very special to me because my best friend gave her to me right before she passed away from a sudden severe stroke at the age of 29. I wasn't looking to have another cat, but she told me I'd make a good mother. Close up of Cheebus, a calico cat.

Oh, has this cat ever brought so much joy into my life. The best thing about her is I think of my late girlfriend -every- time I look at Cheebus. What a beautiful gift. Cheebus knows my schedule very well. She will sit inside the bathroom sink minutes before she knows I'm going to brush my teeth and put on my makeup. She likes to sleep next to me the way a human sleeps in bed. When I wake up in the morning, she is laying parallel to me with her head on the pillow and her body tucked under the blanket, body straight. Cracks me up every time! She is truly something special. Cat in sink.

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Bella (Calico Cat)

By Suefu 3 2

Bella is a 4 year old Calico Cat. I was fostering Bella last year for PURRS in Naperville. I fell in love with her and wanted her to stay with me forever.

Bella calico cat

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Pip (Calico Cat)

By Jennifer 33 93

Pip is an 8 year old calico cat. I found her as a tiny kitten one very hot day while taking a walk. She was huddled on the sidewalk in the corner of a downtown building.

Sleeping calico cat on cushion

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Kelly (Long Haired Calico)

By Nelly 12 22

Kelly is a 6 year old long haired, calico cat. We got Kelly from a friend who is moving from Washington to Michigan. She has been living with us for three months now. Kelly is very loving, playful, and flirty cat.

Long haired calico cat portrait

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Gizmo (Calico Cat)

By Marti S. 20 18

How often do we feel just like this while waiting for that important fax? This is Gizzy, our 2 year old. My husband named her Gizmo after she had laid her ears flat out once as a kitten while watching a bird.

Cat Laying on Fax Machine

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Callie (Calico Cat)

By dorothy wedenoja 170 111

Since I got this fish aquarium, it is Callie's favorite place to sit. She loves watching the fish swim and bats at the outside glass. Bet she would love to really get at my fish!

Cat sitting next to aquarium.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Callie (Calico)

By dorothy wedenoja 170 111

Callie is 5 years old and a calico. We got Callie as a kitten several years ago. She is the mother of 4 beautiful kitties. We kept 2 and gave 2 to other family members. We had her fixed so she won't have any more kittens.

Callie, a calico cat on a deck railing

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lucy (Calico)

By Ellen 8 2

Lucy is a 10 year old Calico cat. I got Lucy 9 years ago when a friend had a baby and got rid of Lucy. I would rather have Lucy then a baby any day.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Molly (Calico)

By Jeneene 7 47

This is Molly. She is a healthy 7 year old, and was about 2 weeks in this photo. She's a medium-long haired calico. Molly was found by my neighbor when she was 2 days old. Her eyes didn't open for a week. We fed her with a bottle which you see, she took to easily.

Molly (Calico)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Mocha Latte (Calico)

By Abigail A. 15 1,032

Earlier this year, I was all ready for a kitten. I had bought food, a litter box, litter, toys, a brush, a bed, everything I needed. The only thing I was missing was the kitten.

cat in a red jacket

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Leeloo Dallas (Long Hair Faded Calico)

By key D 3 2

I was working from home and when my girlfriend came in she gave me a box and put it in my hands while I was on the phone for business.

diluted calico cat under a blanket

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

In Memory of Cali

By R Barbara 145 46

Cali was our daughter's cat. She got her from the Humane Society on Ohau. She came to stay with us for awhile and was the acting mommy cat to our little tabby Pekoe.

Cali doing her splat cat impression.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Powderpuff (Calico)

By Gertrude 2

20 yrs ago my husband found her in our backyard hiding up the tree, scared to death of the other cats, with a pick bow around her neck. He finally got her down, she was white and gray, mostly white and fluffy as she still is. She is old now and set in her ways, a queen, and stays in the bedroom.

Powderpuff on the bed.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Blue and Light Tan Colored Calico Cat

We have a young calico colored cat. It has very light tan markings plus blue colored markings and no other color on it. I have never seen a blue and light tan colored cat before. Does anyone know anything about this color of cat?

By Lynda from Grinnell, IA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By gbell 24 Flag

Tortoiseshell is probably the name you are looking for.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Babycatt (Calico)

By fancy61 12 26

I got her in 2003 when my daughter's cat had kittens. She was one of the kittens. She loves to play with ribbons or anything I move around.

calico cat lying down

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cassie (Calico)

By FrannyV 1

Cassie is a 4 year old Calico. We got Cassie from PetSmart when she was 1. She was such a sweet cat who obviously loved people. Cassie loves to sit in the windowsill when we have the windows open. She loves to be in the sunroom and watch the birds and squirrels. She also loves to lay on us and rub against our feet.

Cassie on the floor near sleeping child.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 18, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:28:50 AM on 10.0.1.182 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsPhotos
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings