Calico Breed Information and Photos

Calico refers to the coloration of these sweet, loving, and loyal cats rather than defining an actual breed. Calico cats are generally accepted into many breeds except, for example, pointed breeds, ie. Siamese. This is a guide about Calico breed information and photos.

January 17, 2011 Flag

Pepper is a calico cat and lives in the barn. We adopted her when we moved here. We noticed lately that she loves to climb trees and shrubs. She had been eyeballing the bird feeder for a few days; watching from the ground.

What a surprise we had on Christmas morning to find Pepper in the bird-feeder. She had moved in and was ready to ambush. :)

By Sheila

Pepper (Calico Cat)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm the tree ornament. :)

I love this! Hilarious! And what a smart kitty!

Read More Comments...

November 2, 2009 Flag

Tilly and Sophie are 3 months old and Calicos. My daughter's friend found the kittens abandoned in her garage. They were only about 3 weeks old.

They love to chase each other around the house. And they snuggle together when they sleep. They really love each other!

By Beth from Menomonee Falls, WI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Who can resist kittens! 5 stars and a thumbs up to you for taking them in!

So cute! I love kittens!

Read More Comments...

October 16, 2016 Flag

I got her from the animal shelter several years ago. She likes to play with a paper wad or bread tie. She likes to watch the snow from inside the house in her favorite window sill.

silhouette of Piglet in window

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 7, 2012 Flag

Cheebus is 9 years old. Cheebus is very special to me because my best friend gave her to me right before she passed away from a sudden severe stroke at the age of 29. I wasn't looking to have another cat, but she told me I'd make a good mother.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 31, 2011 Flag

Kelly is a 6 year old long haired, calico cat. We got Kelly from a friend who is moving from Washington to Michigan. She has been living with us for three months now. Kelly is very loving, playful, and flirty cat.

Long haired calico cat portrait

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 8, 2011 Flag

Pip is an 8 year old calico cat. I found her as a tiny kitten one very hot day while taking a walk. She was huddled on the sidewalk in the corner of a downtown building.

Sleeping calico cat on cushion

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 7, 2011 Flag

Bella is a 4 year old Calico Cat. I was fostering Bella last year for PURRS in Naperville. I fell in love with her and wanted her to stay with me forever.

Bella calico cat

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 11, 2016 Flag

We got them when my husband suffered a stroke. He was under a lot of stress which brought on the stroke with high blood pressure so we got the kittens to help relieve some stress.

Lumpy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 10, 2014 Flag

Earlier this year, I was all ready for a kitten. I had bought food, a litter box, litter, toys, a brush, a bed, everything I needed. The only thing I was missing was the kitten.

cat in a red jacket

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 6, 2009 Flag

Tater (Tat) is less than a year old. She's a "Heinz57" (mixed breed, unknown, Mutt). When I first moved here my neighbor brought her to me. She likes to catch mice and bring them to me! Tater likes to nap with me.

Tater (Calico)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 9, 2014 Flag

I got her from my aunt about 4 months ago, but I knew her when she was a baby as well.

black and white photo of Lola

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 28, 2011 Flag

Callie is a 4 1/2 years old calico cat. We got Callie from a friend, when she was a tiny kitten. She was the runt of the litter. Callie loves to play outside, and chase the butterflies.

Callie (Calico Cat)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2015 Flag

I was working from home and when my girlfriend came in she gave me a box and put it in my hands while I was on the phone for business.

diluted calico cat under a blanket

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 7, 2013 Flag

Since I got this fish aquarium, it is Callie's favorite place to sit. She loves watching the fish swim and bats at the outside glass. Bet she would love to really get at my fish!

Cat sitting next to aquarium.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 13, 2011 Flag

How often do we feel just like this while waiting for that important fax? This is Gizzy, our 2 year old. My husband named her Gizmo after she had laid her ears flat out once as a kitten while watching a bird.

Cat Laying on Fax Machine

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 3, 2010 Flag

Lucy is a 10 year old Calico cat. I got Lucy 9 years ago when a friend had a baby and got rid of Lucy. I would rather have Lucy then a baby any day.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 19, 2010 Flag

This is Molly. She is a healthy 7 year old, and was about 2 weeks in this photo. She's a medium-long haired calico. Molly was found by my neighbor when she was 2 days old. Her eyes didn't open for a week. We fed her with a bottle which you see, she took to easily.

Molly (Calico)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 6, 2012 Flag

Callie is 5 years old and a calico. We got Callie as a kitten several years ago. She is the mother of 4 beautiful kitties. We kept 2 and gave 2 to other family members. We had her fixed so she won't have any more kittens.

Callie, a calico cat on a deck railing

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 24, 2009 Flag

Cheryl is a long haired Calico. She loves to think she is "hiding" in the grass.

By Nikki from Santa Clarita, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Absolutely gorgeous!

I like the expression you caught in this photo...a relaxed expression...how nice!

Read More Comments...

November 28, 2012 Flag

Cali was our daughter's cat. She got her from the Humane Society on Ohau. She came to stay with us for awhile and was the acting mommy cat to our little tabby Pekoe.

Cali doing her splat cat impression.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 25, 2007 Flag

Maggie the Cat (Calico). Maggie is a 3 year old Calico Cat. A friend gave her to me when she was a kitten.

calico cat

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 23, 2014 Flag

20 yrs ago my husband found her in our backyard hiding up the tree, scared to death of the other cats, with a pick bow around her neck. He finally got her down, she was white and gray, mostly white and fluffy as she still is. She is old now and set in her ways, a queen, and stays in the bedroom.

Powderpuff on the bed.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 24, 2006 Flag

Ms. Jewel is our calico charmer's name. We brought her home from a Animal Rescue when she was six months, as her previous owner passed away. It was funny because of her vibrant colors, we named her Jewel. However, I think she was meant to have this new name.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 18, 2013
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes
🎉
🎄