Candle Wax off the Wall

I spilt a red candle all over my white wall. I scraped off the wax, used an iron and a blow dryer and most of the wax is gone. However, there is still a pinkish residue on the wall. I tried vinegar and nothing seems to work. I have to get this of the wall!

Please help,
Wyn from Orlando, Florida

Answers:

Candle Wax off the Wall

If all you have left is the stain, try using the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser". I'm not sure if that is the correct name but it comes in a bar that looks similar to soap. We used it on a stained wall of an apartment we rented and it made the wall look freshly painted. (04/20/2006)

By suerkeene@earthlink.net

Candle Wax off the Wall

Just 10 minutes ago I spilled dark purple wax on my wall. Lets say, I flipped out and started scraping wax off, but I realized it would take forever. After experimenting for a while, I removed all the wax, but realized there was this vivid pale stain against my white wall. So, I got a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and scrubbed for a minute or two and it was gone.(b)(/b)(b)(/b) (05/06/2006)

By Sierra P.

Candle Wax off the Wall

Thanks for the hair dryer suggestion! It really worked. Quickly and easily, without damaging the paint at all! (02/09/2007)

By Catherine

Candle Wax off the Wall

This just happened to me, my son accidentally ran into a table that I had a electric tart burner on and the wax from the tart was all over the wall. I scrapped some off gently but then I got out Windex and it did wonders, I was real surprised. (03/24/2007)

By chris s

Candle Wax off the Wall

Yes! After reading this site, I tried two attempts - magic eraser and the hairdryer/paper towel method. Eraser is good til you run out of scrubbing power. However, there is nothing like the hairdryer/paper towel method. There isn't even a stain. (11/08/2007)

By Kimberly

Candle Wax off the Wall

The hair dryer works great but it's only part of the solution. Use the dryer to heat the wax, wipe it off vigorously with a dry towel. Then take another cloth soaked with Sol-U-Mel cleaner and wipe until the stain is gone.

No, I don't sell Sol-U-Mel. (12/24/2007)

By Done that in MN

Candle Wax off the Wall

I had allow candle wax to drip on my wall, I was discouraged for 2 weeks. Today 3/15/08 I went on google search and looked up cleaning candle wax off a wall. This appeared and I have to thank you for making that job so easy with the hair dryer was easy. I allowed the hi heat of the blow dryer and dry the wax and I took a paper towel and wiped the remainder off. Thank you very much. (03/15/2008)

By Toni

Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄