Candle Wax off the Wall

How do I remove candle wax from a wall? Burning candles on a wall sconce dripped all down the wall and onto hardwood floor.

I saw tips on removing from the hardwood, but need to know how to remove from the wall and baseboard without removing the paint.

By ldwolfe52 from Calgary, AB

Candle Wax off the Wall

Funny you should ask. Just yesterday I painted a wall with wax on it. I scraped it off, washed it with 409, and painted right over it. Today (30 hours later) it doesn't show through. Hope that took care of it. (05/07/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Candle Wax off the Wall

Use a single-edger razor to scrape the wax off, then clean the wall and the floor. Re-apply whatever wax or finish you use on the floor. (05/07/2009)

By Mary T

Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 6:09:44 PM on in 924 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.