Candle Wax off the Wall

How do I remove candle wax from a wall? Burning candles on a wall sconce dripped all down the wall and onto hardwood floor.

I saw tips on removing from the hardwood, but need to know how to remove from the wall and baseboard without removing the paint.

By ldwolfe52 from Calgary, AB

Answers:

Candle Wax off the Wall

Funny you should ask. Just yesterday I painted a wall with wax on it. I scraped it off, washed it with 409, and painted right over it. Today (30 hours later) it doesn't show through. Hope that took care of it. (05/07/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Candle Wax off the Wall

Use a single-edger razor to scrape the wax off, then clean the wall and the floor. Re-apply whatever wax or finish you use on the floor. (05/07/2009)

By Mary T

Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄