Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

How can I get candle wax off of wood furniture?

Susan from Danville. KY

Answers:

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

Melt it carefully. In the old days, they let the furniture sit outside in the sun. That would probably do the trick.

Diem
(03/12/2007)

By DIEM

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

My stain was a red/purple candle dye on a light oak table and I tried several things that didn't work before this did:
Take clear rubbing alcohol, use it to wet a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser instead of water. Rub the spot thoroughly. It took a few minutes to get up, and at first I didn't think it would work, but I got the entire stain up perfectly. (08/23/2007)

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

I have had good luck with this "trick" removing candle wax from carpet and wooden furniture. Take plain brown wrapping paper like the kind used for wrapping packages for shipping. Can be bought at Walmart, mail packaging services, Target, etc.

Place several layers of paper over wax. Take a low iron and slowly iron over the paper where the wax is. You will see that the wax is absorbed into the paper. Keep moving the paper around as it gets saturated with the melted wax, replacing the paper when needed, until the wax is gone from the carpet or wood. It worked for me and I hope you have good luck too.

(09/09/2007)

By metroplex

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

I spilled red candle wax all over a wood table. I ironed over a paper towel and it come out. I had to repeat this a few times, but it works. (04/30/2008)

By Elisa

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

Using a blow drier with a plastic card worked great for me. (05/26/2008)

By Jeremy

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

Since it wasn't wax that needed to come off, but the stain it left behind the suggestion about the Magic Eraser and alcohol worked. Thank you so much. Be ready for the finish to come off as well though. Clear varnish helped us to fix that problem. (12/29/2008)

By Kerri

Candle wax dripping down side of container and wood stand
Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A clothes iron taking wrinkles out of orange fabric.
Using an Iron for Cleaning Up Candle Wax
🎉
🎄