Using an Iron for Cleaning Up Candle Wax

Your iron is the perfect tool to use to clean up candle wax drips and spills. This is a guide about using an iron for cleaning up candle wax.

I always do the same thing no matter where the wax has dripped; once on expensive (not mine) speakers. Let the iron heat up to a medium/light setting and have many paper towels (or paper bags ripped into squares) ready. You put down the paper or paper bag then place the iron on the spot. As soon as you see the paper (bag) getting a wet look to it remove it. Do the same thing over again and again until it's all removed. It works on wood, fabric, even walls (that you can't scrape).

I have only once had a color stain left. That time I used a baking soda mixture to remove the small reddish stain left behind.

Sometimes the easy things seem too simple, but try it. I have never had it fail. Make sure you don't let too much absorb at once, keep replacing the paper towels. The time I didn't have paper towels was when I cut a grocery brown bag up into squares and it worked also. Good luck!

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

Dear Luana, you are a life saver! I just tried baking soda on a red wax stain on my table and it came out! Before that I used a mild bleach/water solution, nothing.

Then I found your advice in a google search. Just tried it and it's gone! I'm puzzled though how after four coats of poly a red stain would appear. Oh well! Thanks again. :)

Anonymous

Oh my, this really did work!! Thanks for the information!!
N. Melton from AR

Anonymous

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Regards from Jackie and Ron in Scotland!

This would work - so does a hairdryer. Just heat each patch of wax until it starts to melt and dab the liquid up with a paper towel. Works like a dream.