Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

I spilled candle wax (a lot) on an attic buffet. How can I get this off? What a mess.

By Ann from Tipp City, OH

Answers:

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

Since you say it's a lot of wax I would start with gently scraping with a plastic scraper to get the majority of it off and then there are also lots of good advice beyond doing that in the ThriftyFun archives below. (12/08/2009)

By Deeli

Candle Wax on Wood Furniture

I did this last night when a candle burned and over flowed onto my wife's new black end table (man she was pissed at me). Anyway, we gently scraped away the loose wax first. Next she came here for ideas and discussed the ideas with me; however, I had another idea. Knowing a little about waxes and oils and knowing that Vaseline is wax melted in mineral oil, I took out the Squibb Mineral Oil (you can find this in Walmart or CVS).

We put the mineral oil on an old rag and rubbed. A little elbow grease and in 15 minutes no more candle wax on her new black end table. Needless to say, she's still a little made at me, but she said "You saved the day". And the best part about this removal method is no heating, no scraping/scratching, etc. The mineral oil dissolves away the candle wax. Hope this helps someone out. (01/12/2010)

By Danped

Sounds like a good idea, but will it work when the spill occurred

over a year ago?

Candle wax dripping down side of container and wood stand
Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A clothes iron taking wrinkles out of orange fabric.
Using an Iron for Cleaning Up Candle Wax
🎉
🎄