Check Your Receipt for Incorrect Charges

Vote for this contest contender!

Just within this week, I have been overcharged 3 times at 3 different stores! It is important to double check your receipt because accidents can happen. Sometimes it could be the cashier ringing up more items than you purchased, the price is incorrectly advertised, and so forth! And now many stores want accuracy to be their top priority and you should learn your store's policy if you are overcharged. Some stores will actually give you a discount or have the item free if you are overcharged for your inconvenience!

For instance, some stores around me offer:

• CVS - If you are overcharged and the item is under $4, it will be free or $4 off the item if over $4.

• Macy's - If you are overcharged and the item is under $10, it will be free or $10 off the item if over $10.

Many stores do this. It is the law in some, if not all, states. Thank you for posting.

Hi Judy!

Yes, it is the law - however, if you do not point out their or know about their policy, they only refund you the difference and apologize for the inconvenience only.

Oh you are so right! Out of habit if things were rung up faster than I could watch the screen I review the receipt before I leave the store and it is still fresh in the cashiers mind and I am still at the store and it can be remedied. Just last week I was charged for 2 jugs of laundry detergent and I had only had one in my cart. Imagine in a years time how much of your hard earned money is gone and not noticed if you do not pay attention.