Chicken and Stuffing Casserole Recipes

Category Casseroles
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Combine two of your favorite foods and create a new family favorite. This is a guide about chicken and stuffing casserole recipes.

I make a recipe using frozen chicken that my family loves. I use frozen, skinless chicken breasts. I place the frozen breasts in a baking dish, then I mix up a package of stovetop stuffing, (I use the store brand, much cheaper). After the stuffing is mixed, I dump it on top of the chicken breasts and pop it in the over at 350 degrees F and bake it for about 1 hour. The chicken comes out tender and flavored with the spices from the stuffing. Add a salad and a vegetable and you have a very filling dinner.

By Debbi from Blairsville, PA

Ingredients

• 2 sticks of margarine (melted)
  • 1 8 oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing (blue bag)
  • 3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans of cream of celery soup
  • 1 small can of sliced water chestnuts (drained)
  • 1 cup of milk

Directions

Boil breasts of chicken in water for 10 minutes. Take out, let cool and then dice the chicken.

In one bowl, combine diced chicken, 2 cans of soup, drained sliced water chestnuts, and one cup of milk. Mix well.

In another bowl, combine melted margarine and one bag of stuffing. Mix well.

In your 9x13 inch pan, put on bottom 1/2 of the stuffing mix and then add the whole chicken bowl mixture and then add the rest of the stuffing mixture to top. Put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until bubbling and, voila!, you have a yummy Chicken Casserole!

By Lynn from Chicago, IL

• 1 8 oz. pkg. herb seasoned stuffing
  • 3 cups cubed chicken or turkey
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
  • 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
  • 6 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 recipe Pimento-Mushroom Sauce
  • 1/2 cup flour
Pimento-Mushroom Sauce:
  • 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped pimento

Directions:

Prepare stuffing as instructed on package. Put in a 9x13 pan. Top with layer of chicken. In large saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings. Add cool broth. Cook until thickened. Stir small amount into eggs and return to hot mixture.

Pour over chicken and bake slow (325 F.) for 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to set. Serve with Pimento Mushroom Sauce.

For sauce: Mix all ingredients; heat and stir until hot.

Makes 12-15 servings

By Robin from Washington, IA

This recipe calls for chicken, but it is a great way to use left over turkey from the holiday meals as well.

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Saute' onion, celery and mushroom in margarine until semi-tender. Add soups and evaporated milk and heat through. In a large bowl, add chicken and dressing mix (including seasoning packet). Pour soup mixture over meat and dressing mixture in bowl. Mix until coated. Place into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 1 bag (6-8 pices) Great Value* boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 box Great Value* cornbread flavor stuffing mix
  • 1 can Great Value* chicken gravy
  • 4 oz. Great Value* Colby/Monterey Jack shredded cheese
  • Hefty dashes of paprika
* Great Value is a Walmart brand.

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Prepare stuffing according to directions on box, spoon into dish making mounds of stuffing evenly distributed. Layer thawed chicken breasts on top of stuffing. Pour gravy over top of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese, dash paprika over top. Do not stir or mix ingredients in pan! Bake at 375 for 1 hour

I always use Walmart ingredients, I've tried the name brands and the Walmart store brands have a much better flavor, as well as less costly. Always a crowd pleaser, and always comes out perfect!

Source: I dreamed this recipe up myself, I think the colby/jack cheese is what makes the flavor perfect! And it is so easy to make.

By Cheryl from Trinity, NC

Prepare stuffing according to directions. Spread in a 9x13 inch dish. Top with layer of chicken which has been cut in small pieces. Melt butter in saucepan. Blend in flour and seasonings. Add cool broth and stir until thickened.