Chirping Smoke Detector System

My smoke detector keeps going off even after I have turned it off at the main, removed the battery, switched it back on, and pressed the reset button. What can I do now?

By Craig from Blackburn, England

Chirping Smoke Detector System

Mine went off randomly too and it scared me to death! I took mine down, changed the battery, which most often is the cause and cleaned it well with a dry cloth and reinstalled it and it stopped. A lot of times it is simply the battery or maybe even dust that causes it to do that. Hope this helps. If not, maybe contact the manufacturer. Good luck! (12/15/2010)

By brenneman826

Electric Smoke Detector
Electric Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector
Troubleshooting a Smoke Detector