Smoke Detectors Beep When the Temperature Drops

Category Home Safety
There are a number of factors that can cause that annoying beeping of your smoke detector. This is a page about smoke detectors beep when the temperature drops.

I don't know the name of my smoke detectors, but they begin to beep when the temperature is cooler in the house. The batteries are good. Why would this happen and can you help me? Thanks.

By Jan from Chesterfield, VA

Answers

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen. It was dust! Try vacuuming them before you give up and get new ones. It solved our problem. However, if they are older than 10 years, buy new ones! Grandma Jan

Why does my wired in smoke detector begin to chirp when the temperature drops below 63 degrees? There are no batteries. It is hard wired.

Answers

Best Answer

It turns out that although my smoke detector is hardwired, it also has a battery back up. An electrician installed it in in 2015. I will change the battery and am hoping the end of chirps will be the result.

Why do my smoke detectors beep when the thermostat is low, but stop when I turn the heat up?

By Shirley

Answers

It is possible that the cold messes with the batteries and makes it think that the batteries are low? That's the only thing I can think of right off, lol

Anonymous

That's interesting.I agree with you.

The only time our smoke detectors go off is when we turn our home heat down to 60 degrees and leave for vacation. This has happened to us 2 years in a row and the batteries are replaced yearly. Any solutions?

By tas

Home and Garden Home Improvement Home SafetyJune 26, 2017
🍀
🌻
🐰

Generated 2020-02-23 10:46:02 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️