Vote for this contest contender!
You cannot go wrong with a classic chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. This is a highly requested cake that I make often. It is very easy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 8-10 slices
- 1 3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat organic flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cake, in a bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In your mixer bowl, add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Turn mixer on for a few minutes.
- Then incorporate your dried ingredients and mix.
- Slowly add boiling water and mix until you get smooth batter consistency.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 minutes (or until ready). I poured the batter into 2 round baking pans.
- Melt butter, add cocoa, powered sugar, almond milk and beat until frosting consistency.
- Allow cake to cool before putting the frosting on. I like to stack the two cakes but you can serve individually if you want.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!