Molten Chocolate Cake Recipes
You may need a spoon to eat warm molten chocolate cake. This page contains recipes for molten chocolate cake
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
This recipes just screams chocolate all the way, and is topped with meringue. Ah, soft and delicious all the way to the last bite.
Total Time: 15 minutes to make, 13 minutes to bake
Yield: for small baking cups - 12 custard cups - 4-6
Source: I found a recipe and added my own ideas
- butter/flour spray oil for custard cups (I used my mini Bundt cake pans)
- 1/2 (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups bitter sweet chocolate squares, each square is 1 oz.
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 -1/4 oz confectioners sugar
- 2 cups whole eggs (I always use Jumbo eggs)
- 3 egg yolks and whites, separated*
- 1 vanilla
- 1/2 tsp all purpose flour
*Reserve the whites of the eggs in the refrigerator.
- For your meringue, use only a stainless steel bowl or a glass bowl. Place it in the refrigerator to chill the bowl before using.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray custard cups or whatever pans you are using, and place on a flat cookie sheet.
- Microwave butter, choocolate squares and chocolate chips. in a large bowl. Stir rapidly until all the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the powdered sugar using a mixer on medium - high. Add one at a time each egg, and each yolk, mixing well until creamy. Add vanilla and and slowly add flour. Mix well until very fluffy.
- Divide the mix evenly in whatever cups you are using. Whichever size cup, fill 3/4 quarter full. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While they are cooking, start making your meringue. Take out of the refrigerator the egg whites and the steel or glass bowl you will be using. Start with your mixer on medium speed, mixing egg whites, adding 1 cup of sugar with a 1/4 tsp. of cream of tartar. Slowly add this a bit at a time and increase the speed of the mixer to high. Add 1 tsp. of vanilla. Continue beating until you see the whites thicken and you can form peaks in the fluff, then stop.
- During the last 1 full minute of cooking, open the oven and pull the cookie sheet out. Using a large spoon, plop a large amount of meringue on top of each cake quickly, and put the pan back in on the top shelf. Turn on your broiler, leaving your oven door 1/4 open. When they start to turn golden, take them right out!
They look and taste fantastic!
Chocolava cakes are the absolute best type of cakes. They are easy to make and amazing to eat. Here's the recipe.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter 4 custard cups or souffle' dishes. Place on baking sheet.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.