Chocolate Lava Cake
Chocolava cakes are the absolute best type of cakes. They are easy to make and amazing to eat. Here's the recipe.
- 150 gm dark chocolate (1/3 lb.)
- 100 gm butter (7 Tbsp)
- 100 gm icing sugar (7/8 cup)
- 2 egg yolks + 2 whole eggs
- 35 gm flour (7 teaspoons)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C, approximately 392 degrees F, before starting.
- Add chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt it using the double boiler method. Even microwaving it will do.
- In another bowl whisk together sugar and eggs nicely with no lumps.
- Mix together the chocolate-butter mixture with the sugar-eggs mixture slowly and also fold in the flour. Strain the mixture to remove lumps.
- Chill the mixture for 10 minutes to stabilise it.
- Grease the moulds (ramekins). I've used silicone ones. Pour the batter into them and bake for 8 minutes! Make sure you don't bake them for more than 8 minutes or else they'll become full fledged cakes and the lava will also get cooked. You don't want that to happen.
- Remove after 8 minutes and invert after a minute. Serve with cold vanilla ice cream.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.