Cleaning A Pizza Stone

Can anyone tell me how to clean a pizza stone? There is baked on food that I can't get off. Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrea from NY

Cleaning A Pizza Stone

I have a Pampered Chef one, but think they are probably all about the same for care. I do know that you should never use any kind of soap on them. I don't even use a rag or sponge that has had soap in it. I always get a clean one.

When I have stubborn food on mine, I soak it in just plain hot water for a while and it cleans right off then with a dish cloth. The best thing you can use if you want to try and scrape it is a plastic pancake turner or the equivalent. Hope this helped some.

Just love pizzas off the stone! (05/08/2008)

By PeggyLee

Cleaning A Pizza Stone

I leave mine in the oven when I run a cleaning cycle, it looks new once done. I don't know if this is recommended, but the first time I did this was accidental. I forgot to take the stone out. It gets cleaned like this every few months, but I do use a nylon scrubby and water after each use. (05/10/2008)

By dj_pinkey

Pizza With Slice Cut out on Pizza Stone
Cleaning a Pizza Stone
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes