Restoring Pizza Stone to Original Color

Category Dishes
Pizza stones typically develop a darkened appearance after being used. It is still entirely usable but some would prefer to keep the stone looking new.

I received a pizza stone for a gift. However with use, it has turned very dark almost burned looking. I am not able to restore it to its original color. What did I do or not do to have this happen. My daughter-in-law has a stone and has used it as much as I have and hers does not look like mine. Please help.

Kathleen

Answers

Best Answer

The darker the stone becomes the more seasoned and non-stick it becomes. And don't used soap or cleaners on your stone. Just water and a rag or brush and scrap off any baked on bits if necessary.

hubpages.com/.../Pizza-Baking-Stones

By Andrea (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I throw mine in the oven during the self cleaning cycle, and it comes out as if it is new.

By Tony R (Guest Post)
Best Answer

WHATEVER you do, don't clean it with soap or any cleaners of any kind. It will stay in the stone forever.

By kidena. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I also have a Pampered Chef baking stone. IT is about 15 years old. At the 1st demonstration for items we were told that the stone, once used, would continue to darken. Mine looks almost black. We were also told never, but never to use anything to clean it except water & a paper towel.

I love mine as the greatest thing about it is you do not have to preheat it like many other pizza stones. If you are uncertain as to whether or not yours is a Pampered Chef brand, turn it over & if it is it will have their logo on the bottom. Good luck.

Best Answer

I accidently left mine in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle. It came out looking like new. I did look it up and they don't recommend doing this though because it could crack your stone and then it would not be under warranty anymore.

Best Answer

I was told never to use soap or cleaner. Scrap food debris after your stone has cooled down from cooking. If you absolutely feel you need to rinse, to do a quick rinse and immediate dry with a towel. Then condition it with a light rub of olive oil. I agree the stone has character with the spots and darkening. And much like cast iron cooking it becomes "seasoned" and non-stick after several uses.

In bocca al lupo!

Best Answer

I read through the comments and thought why not try the self-cleaning oven method. I did it. It turned out wonderful it is clean as when I bought it. Then I put olive oil on it and seasoned it at 250° for about an hour

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJuly 8, 2020
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Restoring-Pizza-Stone-to-Original-Color-1.html