Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout

Category Bathroom
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Tile grout in bathtubs and showers can be difficult to get clean. Getting the grout white again will make your bath area much pleasant and sanitary. This is a guide about cleaning ceramic tile grout.

For years I put up with yellow grout in my bathroom. I scrubbed with everything imaginable to no avail. No more! I was recently in a local home improvement store and when I asked about this problem they suggested a product to me. It is totally amazing! No more scrubbing! The name of of it is Zep Mold Stain & Mildew Remover. Just spray it on, walk away for an hour or so and when you come back the grout is amazingly white again. This is a commercial product with bleach so make sure the area is vented well or leave the room while it works. Rinse it off and you are done. So easy! Sorry, not the best picss.

How do you get the yellowish color out of grout in between ceramic tile?

By Sarah

Best Answer

They make a product that is similar to a Ink Pen, but contains a Grout Paint. It has a tiny tip and is as easy to use as an ink pen is. Just go right over the old grout. They sell those in most paint departments, and I believe it is made by Dap Products.

I recently moved into a house that is 70 years old. The grout is so bad it's black. The tile is pink (if that tells you anything). I have tried bleach, Oxiclean, Awesome, degreaser, you name it, I have used it. Nothing works. I can't afford to spend a lot of money on it, but am willing to try anything. The tile is on the bathroom floor, half way up the walls, and in the shower. Also, I have those sliding glass doors that I can't get clean either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Scrub as much as you can with a stiff brush and spray on KABOOM with BLEACH. Walk away and just let it dry. May have to repeat this a couple of times

My ceramic tile floor is over 20 years old and in great shape. The problem is with the grout, but only in certain places. It looks like someone poured milk on the black grout and let it dry. It has white marks, but only in certain places. I have washed the grout with everything I can think of, Mr. Clean, white vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide. It looks great when wet, but when it dries, the white flaky look returns. Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution?

By Cisco's Mom