Cleaning Mink Fur

Having real animal fur clothing cleaned can be very expensive. This is a guide about cleaning mink fur.

Cleaning Mink Fur
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have bought a couple of "craft cutter" mink coats from ebay to make teddy bears out of, but the fur needs to be cleaned. Could someone tell me what kind of product to buy to clean the fur in, so that I don't have to take it to an expensive furrier. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Murray from Memphis

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just read that if you rub in cornmeal, then brush it out.... it should help clean it.

My hunter husband has gotten his denim vest soiled with soil. I want to put it in the washing machine but it has a real mink fur lining and I don't know what washing it will do to the fur. The fur is not dirty only the denim weight, green, army type material is dirty. The fur lining is sewn right with the material, not a zipper lining.

Julie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take it to a cleaner that does fur-method, not all dry cleaners do.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 8, 2013
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 7:49:31 AM on 10.0.0.209 in 467 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.