Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch

Care must be taken when cleaning suede. This is a guide about cleaning pen ink on a suede couch.

June 24, 2013 Flag

My 3 year old daughter put pen marks all over my suede couch and I took the Windex advice. It worked like a charm! I just sprayed Windex all over the area and wiped it with a dark towel (it's a dark couch) until all marks were gone! Worked great!

By Browne

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My two yr old colored on my light brown suede love seat I used Walmart brand wonder ( with ammonia ) it worked great after 5 mins if scrubing

October 23, 2010 Flag

How do I get green pen marks off of my light tan, suede couch?

By Jennifer from Savannah, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

My grandson used an ink pen on my micro suede couch and Walmart glass cleaner did the trick it cleaned well enough that I'm satisfied not to punish his mom for not paying attention to him. Thanks

Thank you so much. My chair looks amazing after using windex. Who would have thought windex would work!

Hand sanitizer works GREAT also-- if you have a baby wipe to use instead of rag even better. Just wipe up with clean wet cloth after pen is off. Worked on light tan couch

woo hoo! it worked

Windex, awesome, thanks!

Alcohol swabs worked fine...

I found that Oxi Clean laundry stain remover (yellow top spray bottle) works better than the glass cleaner. Maybe it was the off brand not working as well as regular Windex?!

Worked so well with baby wipes thanks so much!!

July 13, 2011 Flag

I got blue ball point ink on my brown suede couch; anyone know how to get it off?

By Deya

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Deya, Try hairspray. Most hairsprays contain acetone, a chemical that will dissolve the ink. Spray it on then blot it up with a rag. It took an entire bottle of Final Net, but I once got red ink out of white carpeting. If it leaves behind any sticky or crust from the hairspray, try some warm water or see if it is safe to use Woolite on your couch. Good luck!

Do NOT use hairspray!!! It locks the ink stain in. I used woolite & it totally removed blue ink pen from brown micro suede. But the little area where I first tried the hairspray, didn't all come out. But going over it w the woolite did remove most.

I have a suede leather mix ottoman..I gt ball point ink on it.how do i gt it off

September 29, 2009 Flag

I got pen ink on my suede couch, I am afraid to use hairspray on suede.

sara210

Answers:

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

We have one of those suede-looking couches and I have used Windex for ink marks. They actually demonstrated this in the showroom. It works like a charm! (02/10/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I tried the Windex solution on my suede couch and it worked like a charm. Left no kind of marks or stains at all. (03/05/2005)

By Steph

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I have one that is called Enduro Suede? Mine came with a citrus based oil, and I cleaned it with the "heavy duty solution" then covered the spot with Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Neutralizer powder, or baking soda or borax will help. If you don't have a cleaner, try Folex. It is a natural enzyme cleaner found in the carpet cleaner aisle and is a little more, but worth it as it also neutralizes the smell. (05/11/2006)

By camo_angels

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Thanks for the Windex tip! I now praise Windex. You saved my couch. It worked like a charm :) (10/21/2007)

By ash

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Most of these will be microfiber which are leather imitation. If you had genuine suede Windex would have really caused a problem. Ink on suede cannot be removed by conventional cleaners as it has redyed the leather.
(11/20/2007)

By Leather Agony Aunt

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

The Windex works. But using a sponge and elbow grease is too much work. Being a man I just used my small electric hand sander w/fine grit paper and saved a lot of time and energy. (03/03/2008)

By tanner

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Windex definitely did the trick! My daughter drew all over my beautiful suede recliner with a blue ball point pen, while googling for a solution I came across this website with all these helpful tips, my first try was the Windex and voila! It worked like a charm. Thanks to all. (03/11/2008)

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

Regular glass cleaner from Wal-mart worked on getting pen off the arm rest that our 5 yr old accidentally drew on. I am so thankful to whomever came up with this idea! (03/29/2008)

By Tina from Ft Worth

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

My two year old penned up a brown suede couch. Brand new couch by the way. I didn't have any hairspray of any kind. I mixed one part mousse, or gel, to one part alcohol. You have to shake it up well. Sprayed it on the couch, and blotted, then rubbed. Spraying enough to keep it saturated in the process. Open up your windows and turn on your fan because it stinks. For some extra bang I put a teaspoon of tea tree oil in the mix also. You can use one part tea tree oil to one part alcohol for any stain removal usually.

I did not have any Windex to try either, but I'm sure it would work with all of the ammonia in it. (04/21/2008)

By Morgan

Pen Ink On Suede Couch

I used Mean Green window cleaner. It really does work! One of my daycare kids drew all over the arm of my light suede couch and I used Mean Green to get it out. It takes literally 20 seconds, and it's gone! Try it! (09/09/2008)

By joanne.

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I have to admit that I was pretty freaked out at the idea of putting Windex on my brand-new couch, but it worked! Thank you so much for sharing this tip! (02/15/2009)

By Chrissy M.

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I have Ashley furniture that is the "ultra" suede. Not actual leather suede. My 20 month old daughter completely covered the pillow top arm in black ink. Thought to try hairspray first, glad I didn't! Windex worked with elbow grease. Now I am going to shampoo it, also. Thanks for your help! (02/21/2009)

By Suniedae

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

Amazing! Thank you so much. I thought it was too good to be true but after our one year old drew all over the couch I was ready to try anything. Windex removed every single mark. (09/05/2009)

By HSlater351

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I took your advice and used Windex. And it worked!!! I'm so relieved - I thought my beautiful red loveseat was ruined! Smiles all around!

October 23, 2010 Flag

sara210

Answers:

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I sprayed Windex on a Q-tip and used it on a light tan suede couch. I was so scared to do this, but honestly it worked! I did go over the area with a damp washrag just in case the Windex left a mark. Here it is 30 minutes later and it is all dried and the blue pen ink is gone! I can't even find where it was. I wanted to comment to keep this info live and active on the web for someone else to use. It is such a blessing to have that 2" blue mark off the couch. I am stoked. Thank you to the previous posters. (07/25/2010)

By mkingsle

Pen Ink on Suede Couch

I just have to say thank you for this information. My 4 1/2 year old wrote in black ink on my boyfriend's suede dining room chair. Not sure how I was going to get that up and found this article. I used glass cleaner and after that plus elbow grease I got 99.9% of it up. There is still some ink on the chair, which you can barely see, but for the most part it worked wonders. The reason I think it didn't take it up 100% was because she pressed really hard and it was really dark on the chair, but you have to look for it in order to see where it was. (09/30/2010)

By astephany

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 22, 2016
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 6:18:12 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.