Cleaning Rhubarb

Before cooking rhubarb there are a few steps you will need to take to clean and prepare it. This is a guide about cleaning rhubarb.

Rhubarb

Question: Cleaning Rhubarb

We made a batch of strawberry rhubarb jam. I washed it and cut off the ends. When I cut it in small pieces to cook, the red outside pulled off into strings. I went ahead and pulled the rest of it off. Should I have left it on? I haven't been able to find the answer to this.

By Nancy S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

Could you have put it through a blender to puree the strings before making the jam? I once made strawberry jam this way, and received so many compliments on it. It turned out to be a fruit spread that tasted wonderful.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesMay 19, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Rhubarb stalks
Growing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Rhubarb
Cooking Rhubarb
round flat rhubarb bread/cake with slice in foreground
Rhubarb Bread Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 3:57:57 PM on 10.0.2.171 in 823 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings