Rhubarb Bread Recipes
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 10, 2015
My whole family loves this. 2 loaves were gone in half a day. Yum!
Total Time: 30 minutes prep?
Yield: 2 loaves
Source: Modified from a recipe in a dutch cookbook
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb (sometimes I add even more
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp lemon juice concentrate
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Grease 2 standard sized loaf pans. I add parchment paper to the bottom as well, this bread can tend to stick to the bottom.
- Put your sugar, oil, egg, milk and soda in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Put your flour and salt in another large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Combine your bowls and mix well.
- Slice your rhubarb. Fold that in as well.
- Combine your topping ingredients, making sure your butter is softened.
- Spread your batter in your pans.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over your batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- All done! You'll want to store bread in fridge.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
May 27, 2010
Another good rhubarb recipe! Stir together in given order: brown sugar, oil, egg, buttermilk, salt, soda, vanilla, flour, rhubarb and nuts.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.