My whole family loves this. 2 loaves were gone in half a day. Yum!
Total Time: 30 minutes prep?
Yield: 2 loaves
Source: Modified from a recipe in a dutch cookbook
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb (sometimes I add even more
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp lemon juice concentrate
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Grease 2 standard sized loaf pans. I add parchment paper to the bottom as well, this bread can tend to stick to the bottom.
- Put your sugar, oil, egg, milk and soda in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Put your flour and salt in another large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Combine your bowls and mix well.
- Slice your rhubarb. Fold that in as well.
- Combine your topping ingredients, making sure your butter is softened.
- Spread your batter in your pans.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over your batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- All done! You'll want to store bread in fridge.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!