Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Tree Sap Off Hands

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cleaning Tree Sap Off Hands

A stubborn substance to remove from your skin. This guide is about cleaning tree sap off hands.

Solutions: Cleaning Tree Sap Off Hands

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Remove Pine Sap with WD40

This is a handy tip I learned while cleaning up pine limbs after a recent ice storm. If you get pine sap on your skin you can spray a little WD40 on it and rub it gently. Then wash with soap and water and it will come off completely. I wish I had discovered this sooner as in the past it has been such a pain to finally get it all off.

By Vickie from Dawson Springs, KY

Article: Getting Pine Sap Off Hands

Getting Pine Sap Off HandsTips for removing pine sap or pitch from your hands as posted by the ThriftyFun community. Post your own ideas here.

Toothpaste

While arranging some pine boughs in a vase as a centerpiece, I ended up with pine sap all over my hands. I tried soap, Dawn, scrubbed, and scrubbed, nothing worked - still sticky.

I went upstairs and got some toothpaste (not the gel kind) and put a quarter size dollop in my hand, then added a bit of water. Washed my hands like you normally do and the pine sap was gone - no sticky!

By Jenny in KY

Pam Cooking Spray

My son in law told me to use Pam, or something similar, to remove tree sap from my hands and he was right. It came right off.

By Granfran

Pam Works In 10 Seconds

Pam works fast and it does not hurt from scrubbing. I could not remember where I read butter, but after looking at Pam, and having tried many of the above solvents: Dawn, toothpaste, Joy, Grease Monkey, tar soap, baking soda, finger nail polish remover in the past. I decided to try the internet first this time. Pam non stick food spray! 10 seconds, and soft clean, smooth hands!

By Katylin

Nail Polish Remover

My mom always used fingernail polish remover. I've heard you can use petroleum jelly as well.

By Sachi

Lestoil Cleaner

We have always sworn by Lestoil.

By japhysimon.

WD-40

While working at a florist shop, we used WD-40

By JODI

Cooking Oil

To get "Pine Sap" off your hands, put a small amount of cooking oil on your hands just enough to coat your hands. Then rub your hands together for about 1 whole minute or so. The pitch will loosen up and once it does you can then wash it off with soap and water. Repeat if necessary. Works great!

By Luckyluke

Peanut Butter

I've found That peanut butter works best at removing pine tar from your hands . Put a little dollop in your hands, wash and rinse as usual with a little warm water and your good to go.

By C.M . Mang

Oil Is The Key

The peanut butter worked great for me! I think any oil based product such as butter, Pam or any kind of cooking oil will do the trick, too.

By Michelle

Tip: Removing Pine Tar from Your Hands

To remove pine tar from your hands: spray with Pam Cooking Spray or a similar product. Work the oil into the tar with a brush or your fingertips. Wash with liquid soap and rinse with water. I stumbled on this remedy when I was making a pine cone wreath for Christmas.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!