Remove Pine Sap with WD40

This is a handy tip I learned while cleaning up pine limbs after a recent ice storm. If you get pine sap on your skin you can spray a little WD40 on it and rub it gently. Then wash with soap and water and it will come off completely. I wish I had discovered this sooner as in the past it has been such a pain to finally get it all off.

By Vickie from Dawson Springs, KY

By LuAnn (Guest Post)

Murphys Oil Soap will do the same, no chemicals, smells better and more cost effective!

By Cheryl (Guest Post)

Thanks so much for this tip. This is so annoying and has always been a trick to remove. I'm all for making life a little easier!

Excellent tip, thank you so much.

WD40 works well, but can be a little ruff on the skin, especially any area of the face and head. You can use butter or cooking oil, anything greasy.

WD40 has been known to cause seizures in some people when breathed ot in contact with skin.

Cheap canned shaving cream works great too and is easier on the skin. My son's first job was working at a Christmas tree lot and that is how he got it off every night.

Easier on the skin as well as pocketbook.

Something else that works really well, is mix some milk and plain yogurt together till creamy, then apply that to your hands and allow them to dry (with the milk mix on) and then the tree sap will just roll and crumble right off.

I just tried the WD40 method.. worked great. Thanks!

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 9, 2008
📓
🌻
🎂