Cleaning Ugg Boots

Category Shoes
Ugg Boots
These comfy boots always look better if kept clean. This guide is about cleaning Ugg boots.

I spilled oil on my Ugg boots. I tried water and then tried baby powder. Neither worked. Someone said try chalk. I rubbed the chalk on the spot and it is completely gone.

By Robin from CT

Over time the suede outers of your boots may fade. This page contains some suggestions for revitalizing faded UGGs. This is a guide about fixing faded UGG boots.

UGG Boot

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do you remove marker stains from an UGG boot?

Luis from Stephenville, TX

I was able to remove Sharpee (yes, sharpee. my one-year-old scribbled all over a cushion of my couch) completely from microfiber suede-like material by using Goo Gone, then dish soap, then spray-on stain remover. You might not want to put soap on your Uggs, but I'm guessing Goo Gone would be fine. Just rub and rub.

Try rubbing alcohol. Use a soft cloth saturated with alcohol, it works for permanent marker on kitchen counters, plastic frig containers and lots of other things. Good Luck!

I would like to know how or where I could get my Ugg boots cleaned? I have the short tan Uggs and they have gotten very dirty. I also need them to be fixed, because I made a hole on the big toe area of the boot. The hole isn't big, but it needs to be fixed. Thanks.

By Tinaa from Albany, NY

Answers

Go to a boot & shoe repair person. It's not as easy to find them these days, but they are out there. Look on the internet, in the phone book & maybe also on Craig's List. But it may cost you more than buying new Uggs on sale! Also, a saddle-maker or leather worker may be able to help you.

To clean them yourself, you can use one of those foam-on carpet & upholstery cleaners. The kind you foam-on, rub-in, then vacuum off. Use a toothbrush for the badly stained areas.

You may be able to fix the hole yourself by using a fabric glue (like "Fabri-Tac") & a piece of strong fabric in the same color as your boot. You'd place the patch under the hole & inside your boot. Farbi-Tac fabric glue sets up right away, so you won''t have to hold the patch in place for very long. Buy this special glue at any fabric or craft store & sometimes Walmart has it. You will know you have the right fabric glue because it's the clear fabric glue in the clear bottle. It costs around $6 & works to hem jeans & is great for lots of other stuff & can be washed, dried in the machine & even dry-cleaned. It's the best fabric glue on the market!

Go to an UGG store, the only one i know is in Salinas, CA, but they must be around. They do all kinds of repairs. and your can buy the fleece re-liners for them for a wee bit over 20 bucks. It is worth the money.

Recently I was following a YouTube instruction on how to clean UGG boots by using Zero detergent and then rinsing off with cold water. I patted the excess water off with a terrycloth and allowed it to dry and stuffed the interior to keep the shape while it dried.

After allowing it to dry naturally it is now discoloured with areas of darker dye sections throughout the boot. It is the chestnut Bailey bow style. Is there a way to fix this discoloration?

By Jane from Ajax, Ontario

Can I put Ugg shoes in the washing machine?

By J from Garland, TX

I spilled Scope like mouthwash on my Uggs. There's a big green stain on the front. I'm using Ugg cleaner, but that still doesn't work. How do I get it off? I just brought these Uggs.

By Jaada

I dropped a buttery potato on my chestnut Ugg boots. In my panic, I cleaned them using the proper Ugg cleaner (which I once used successfully to get a chocolate stain out) and it hasn't budged. I did it again, and it still looks no different although it is still wet. Since I've googled it, I see I probably should have used cornstarch or baby talc instead. Is it too late for this? Is the stain unfixable now?

By Rachel