Cleaning Water Spots on a Microfiber Couch

Category Furniture
Close up of microfiber chair with water spots
Water marks on microfiber are either the result of previous cleaning attempts or a spill. It is easy to remove them and have your couch looking great again. This is a guide about cleaning water spots on a micro fiber couch.

How do I get water rings out of my microfiber white chair? They are everywhere.

Amy from Maryville, TN

Answers

I have a brand new white micro fiber swivel chair and sofa. I spilled a bottle of pepsi on it, then used the safe guard on it thinking the spot would disappear. All it did was leave a HUGE WATER RING stain. My couch stayed that way for 8 months till someone told me to use baby wipes. I used the baby wipes and my sofa looks BRAND NEW AGAIN. Try it it really works.

I own a furniture store and water rings are usually the result of someone who over saturates the fabric when they try to clean it. We recommend using baby wipes to dampen the area well, and then agitate vigorously with a clean dry cloth as you blow dry the area. Should only take two or three applications for the toughest water rings to come out.

Oh my God, I've been looking for a way to get the horrible water rings out of our red microfiber couch for almost 2 years, and the baby wipe technique with the cloth and hairdryer really works! I'm absolutely thrilled right now! Thank you so much!

I tried the baby wipes but the stain is still there how did u get rid of your stain?

Anonymous

I just tried this method and it worked great. Quick and successful. I had rings after cleaning up a spill and got the drink stain off quick enough but accidentally over saturated the material with water. I used a plain hand towel and medium heat on hairdryer.

Any tips for spots left from my dog licking the couch?

I just got water spots on my brand new microfiber couch. Will they go way? Is there a way to wipe them off?

Kathy

Answers:

Water Spots on a Micro Fiber Couch

I found two useful products if your microfiber sofa requires a water-free dry cleaning agent. K2R Spotlifter at http://www.k2rbrands.com or Blue Coral Dri-Clean Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner at http://www.bluecoral.com

Also, you can try the Gonzo Wonder Sponge at http://www.gonzocorp.com, this is also a dry cleaning method but I hear this is great for dog hair and dirt removal.

I have not tried the following product but it's worth a shot, http://www.metroguardian.net, click fabric protection, then scroll to MicroFiber Upholstery Cleaner. If anyone tries these four products I mentioned, let me know how it works out for you.

(09/22/2005)

By Loiselle

Water Spots on a Micro Fiber Couch

My microfiber sofa cushion covers machine wash beautifully. (06/21/2007)

By Guest