Cleaning a Mouse Pad

Rather than spending money on a new mouse pad, try cleaning the one you have. This is a guide about cleaning a mouse pad.

Mouse Pad
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Our mousepads are the basic, inexpensive type, made with a rubber-type base, covered with synthetic (I think) cloth. After a year or so of just normal use, they had dirty smudges around the edges (from our hands and wrists).

I put about a teaspoon of Woolite into a small dishpan and added enough water to cover the mousepad. I let the mousepad soak for about 20-30 minutes, then scrubbed lightly with a soft bristle vegetable brush. I rinsed it thoroughly, then rolled it in a towel to get out the excess water. Then, I hung it over a chair back and let it dry overnight. Clean!

Source: I decided to try this because the mousepads are similar in materials to my arch support cushions, and that's how I clean them.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I thought my mousepad was worn out and ready to be replaced, until I got the idea of cleaning it with a piece of masking tape. I rolled the masking tape inside out, around my fingers, and proceeded to use the sticky side to pick up lint. Now the mousepad is good as new!

By zballoongirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 28, 2013
    Felt Mouse Pin Craft
    Felt Mouse Pin Craft
    Pad Thai with shrimp
    Pad Thai Recipes
    Making Felt Mouse Ears
    Making Felt Mouse Ears
    A and oven and range with mouse odor problems.
    Cleaning Mouse Urine Odor From a Range and Oven
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:51:27 PM on 10.0.1.22 in 426 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.