Cloudy White Spots on Laminate Countertop

Category Kitchen
laminate samples
Keeping laminate countertops clean is sometimes challenging. Cloudy spots can be especially difficult to get rid of. This is a guide about cloudy white spots on laminate countertop.

I have stupidly scrubbed my grey/black laminate kitchen work top with a brush and I now have a faded whitish patch in the middle of the kitchen top. Do you have any suggestions how I can restore the colour a bit so it does not stand out? Thanks.

Basically you sand down the area and apply epoxy paint. You can read the full instructions here:

http://homeguid  ertop-28048.html

Furniture wax or laminate filler. See here:

https://www.tod  ate-countertops/

You could try rubbing the spot with Armoral...This has worked for me...when I made the same mistake...You will need to reapply the Armoral occasionally...

i wonder if you might try black shoe polish? just a little amount... rub in real well and then polish off... prob have to do it from time to time. I looked on line, and did not see anything that addressed this so you might have to experiment.... try a "tiny" part of it with black permanent marker .. hope you find something that works!!

You may have resort to placing a beautiful cutting board over the faded area as a permanent adornment.

I work for an extended stay hotel. A guest just checked out and during the breakdown and cleaning process, white cloudy spots were discovered on the kitchen counter top next to the sink. The counter is covered with a laminate product of the Formica type. They actually look more like splatters of milk. There are about six of them randomly splattered, the smallest of which pencil eraser in size with the largest about the size of a quarter. They look like greyish clouds on the countertop. As I have no idea what caused them, I'm not sure what to use on them. The variegated slate blue color of the counter makes them very noticeable. Any help will be appreciated.

By Tommy Cat

Answers

Could this be spilled fingernail polish remover? Perhaps some sort of oil ie: cooking oil, olive oil, mineral oil,etc. could be rubbed on the spots, would disguise the spots. I repaired some similar spots, on dark green formica, with mineral oil. Try one small spot to start with.

Just a thought, maybe it is teeth whitening toothpaste stains. People who use this and wipe their mouth with their handtowels end up with bleach marks on their hand towels.

Toothpaste has ruined my 50s formica countertop so that's probably what it caused the white spots. I found that light sanding works to remove the spots but unfortunately it also removes any pattern that is in the formica too.

My black Formica countertop has white stains that do not show up when wet but can see when dry. Any ideas on how to remove them?

By windmilldecor from Fort Lauderdale

Anonymous

It is possible that the white on your countertop was caused by a little standing water, hot pots or abrasive cleaners, all of which are a no-no for Formica. Because the white only shows up when the counter is dry, the counter probably needs a good waxing with a product made exclusively for Formica. Here is a link that tells how to care for Formica countertops.

http://www2.ans  b10-833c246434b0

I left my house in the care of a nice young man, but when I got home there was a white mark on the top of one of my bathroom counters. It looks as if something had been put down there and left a while. The counter is laminate. I've tried lemon juice and baking soda, without effect. Someone mentioned Iron Out, but I don't know what that is or if I can buy it in Canada. Can anyone help?

By Avril R-J from Peterborough, On. Canada