White Spots on Black Formica Countertop

My black Formica countertop has white stains that do not show up when wet but can see when dry. Any ideas on how to remove them?

By nico De Zeeuw from Fort Lauderdale

Anonymous

It is possible that the white on your countertop was caused by a little standing water, hot pots or abrasive cleaners, all of which are a no-no for Formica. Because the white only shows up when the counter is dry, the counter probably needs a good waxing with a product made exclusively for Formica.

Hi the link doesnt work and I am wondering what products can be used to wax Formica as my counter top is covered in white cloudy patches

It looks like the link has gone dead, which happens to older feedback. I have removed the link.

Here is a current link to the manufacturer's page, which has advice on cleaning Formica. I hope it is helpful.

www.formica.com/.../formica-laminate-cleaning