Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens

Many older persons are hesitant to jump into the internet age, despite seeing their children and grandchildren surfing, gaming, and working on computers and using the internet. This is a guide about computer and internet training for senior citizens.

March 3, 2017 Flag

Computer Training
for Senior Citizens

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2008 Flag

My grandpa wants to learn to use the computer and Internet. Because of my job I do not get enough time to teach him. He doesn't want to go out and take classes. Any other easy ways?

Gloria

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Sorry I can't give you the exact links - but I know that there are senior sites that have computer lessons - Maybe Third Age? or Eons? And you could also go out (or go on the net) & get him a copy of Internet for Dummies - which is an easy introduction.

He should have a lot of fun with it - so encourage him!

Best Answer

Maybe call your local high school. Kids are so smart, and many

teens don't have grandparents. I would bet it would spark interest in a caring teen. Office people at the school may be willing to help you out. Good luck!

Go to google and type in "using the internet for dummies." You will find books that are available for people to use to learn how to use the internet. Same for the computer.

Contact your local library, they often give basic lessons.

check out this link...it's been great for many who have tried it.

http://www.videoprofessor.com/

I would try "AARP". They have info for everything.

When I got my first computer (windows 98), I didn`t know where the "on" button was. What i found super helpful was the book "Windows 98 for Dummys". I am sure that there is a "Windows XP For Dummy`s" out there. They are written in simple language, are inexpensive and SUPER helpful.

I get packets of your pc made easy. You can order packets online and receive a packet in the mail. They are very helpful.

I have actually seen a book available in catalogs such as Harriet Carter and Lillian Vernon that is like the computers for Dummies series, but is specifically designed for seniors. You might want to check this out. Both companies have online sites.

I agree with the others.. the dummies books are very helpful.

Here is a site for anyone that is learning or needs more information on their operating system

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/

February 10, 2014 Flag

In New Jersey where can I go for free or low cost Power Point training?

By Sanders

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This may be of some help to you. Power Point is included several among other free tutorials

www.gcflearnfree.org

October 22, 2014 Flag

How can we get laptops and training for seniors, especially those that are disabled or homebound? Is there a grant available for the elderly in Baltimore City?

By Bessie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Computers SoftwareAugust 18, 2013
cable modem
Having Internet Without a Computer
Computer Training
for Senior Citizens
Free Computer Training for Senior Citizens
Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping
Saving Money as a Senior Citizen
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 12:35:16 PM on 10.0.1.31 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.