Free Laptops and Training for Seniors

How can we get laptops and training for seniors, especially those that are disabled or homebound? Is there a grant available for the elderly in Baltimore City?

By Bessie

Its a wonderful thing that you are doing. Unfortuately folks are wary of giving due to the many scams out there. I suggest obtaining a volunteer to pick up seniors and take them to a library or community center to use computers. If you establish a regular day and time it will be more effective. Many homebound seniors are homebound because no one takes them out. Good luck to you !

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

Microsoft gives away a lot of free laptops. Contact the Company and see what they say

I have looked everywhere on Microsoft's website to find a phone # or email to contact them. Apparently, they really don't want yo talk to anyone. I am a 68 year old female with a disability and I really need a computer, printer, etc.

to be able to function. recently lost my job and dont have resources to fully retire . if anyone has had success with this, please let me know. thank you.

I would love to have a computer that I could use St home.