Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements

This is a guide about how to convert dry macaroni measurements. Some recipes call for certain ounces of pasta, instead of the number of cups. It is important to convert from ounces to cups properly, so that the recipe is made correctly.

September 9, 2007 Flag

Does anyone have a conversion chart for dry macaroni just how many cups is 8 oz.?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Most containers will give the approximate number of servings, as well as the number of servings in the container. Say the size of the box is 16 oz. and the number of servings is 8,with serving size being 1/2 cup. With this you can figure the results you need. In this case, 16 oz. (total weight);8 servings per container; 1/2 cup per serving. So, if there is 8 servings in 16 oz. then 2 oz. is a serving, and 2 oz. equils 1/2 cup. This means that there are 4 cups in l6 oz. so 8 oz. would be 2 cups.

I hope I have made this clear (I have taken these number amounts from my box of elbow macaroni. so I feel it is pretty accurate.

I think I wrote it wrong. I would like to know how many cups of dry macaroni is 8oz, 16oz, ect. I buy large boxes of pasta and recipes calls for 7 or 8 oz of macaroni.

I got out my small scale and box of elbow macaroni. According to my scale 8 oz of macaroni is 1 3/4 cups.

You may want to buy a small kitchen scale. There is no conversion for weight to volume. 1 cup of elbow macaroni might weigh 8 oz, but depending on the size and shape, the weight/volume ratio will change.

The answer is: 1 3/4 cups of dry elbow macaroni = 8oz.

I have this same problem with a macaroni recipe that calls for 8oz of elbow mac. and I always have a 16 or 32 oz box. I figured this out by measuring a whole 16oz box, then dividing that measurement by half - the real trick was to write it down so I could remember the next time!

if you have a 1 lb (16 oz) box of macaroni. and the recipe calls for 8 oz I would say that means half the box. to get 7 oz either weigh it out or if you don't have a scale divide the macaroni into 16 equal parts (1 oz each) then use 7 of them in your recipe. personally I would just go with about half a box.

https://www.bar  /measuring-pasta

Food and Recipes Food Tips ConversionsDecember 11, 2015
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
A baby stroller being used as a dog stroller.
Converting a Baby Stroller Into a Pet Stroller
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Film Slide
Converting Slides to a Digital Format
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 1:38:23 AM on 10.0.0.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.