How To Convert Dry Macaroni Measurements

Does anyone have a conversion chart for dry macaroni just how many cups is 8 oz.?

By jsham (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Most containers will give the approximate number of servings, as well as the number of servings in the container. Say the size of the box is 16 oz. and the number of servings is 8,with serving size being 1/2 cup. With this you can figure the results you need. In this case, 16 oz. (total weight);8 servings per container; 1/2 cup per serving. So, if there is 8 servings in 16 oz. then 2 oz. is a serving, and 2 oz. equils 1/2 cup. This means that there are 4 cups in l6 oz. so 8 oz. would be 2 cups.
I hope I have made this clear (I have taken these number amounts from my box of elbow macaroni. so I feel it is pretty accurate.

Except that serving size is for the cooked product which is expanded. A cup of cooked macaroni is less pasta than a cup of uncooked.

No.....this was very confusing.....

all I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW MUCH ELBOW MACARONI WILL I NEED TO MAKE 3 LBS, YOUR ANSWER IS VERY UNCLEAR

Thank you for the answer. I had a 2lb box.

TY very much--solves my problem

I may be reading wrong. If so sorry. It looks like you calculated with a 1/2 cup being 2ozs. 4 oz are in a cup. I totally get what your saying though.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Thank you I always used 8 oz of elbow macaroni making my Mac and cheese but the store doesn't have 8 oz no more it only sells 16 ounce which is frustrating !!! So now I know uncooked elbow macaroni I will use 2 cups right??

By jo (Guest Post)

I think I wrote it wrong. I would like to know how many cups of dry macaroni is 8oz, 16oz, ect. I buy large boxes of pasta and recipes calls for 7 or 8 oz of macaroni.

if you have a 1 lb (16 oz) box of macaroni. and the recipe calls for 8 oz I would say that means half the box. to get 7 oz either weigh it out or if you don't have a scale divide the macaroni into 16 equal parts (1 oz each) then use 7 of them in your recipe.

personally I would just go with about half a box.

I got out my small scale and box of elbow macaroni. According to my scale 8 oz of macaroni is 1 3/4 cups.

You may want to buy a small kitchen scale. There is no conversion for weight to volume. 1 cup of elbow macaroni might weigh 8 oz, but depending on the size and shape, the weight/volume ratio will change.

By LR (Guest Post)

The answer is: 1 3/4 cups of dry elbow macaroni = 8oz.

I have this same problem with a macaroni recipe that calls for 8oz of elbow mac. and I always have a 16 or 32 oz box.

I figured this out by measuring a whole 16oz box, then dividing that measurement by half - the real trick was to write it down so I could remember the next time!

www.barilla.com/.../measuring-pasta

2 cups dry...

2.5 gal=how many lb

so 2oz is a half cup how much for 4 oz a cup?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food InfoSeptember 9, 2007
🍀
💘