Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements

Category Conversions
This is a page about how to convert dry macaroni measurements. Some recipes call for a certain number of ounces of pasta, instead of the number of cups. It is important to be able to convert back and forth from ounces to cups properly, so that the recipe is made correctly.

Does anyone have a conversion chart for dry macaroni just how many cups is 8 oz.?

Answers

By jsham (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Most containers will give the approximate number of servings, as well as the number of servings in the container. Say the size of the box is 16 oz. and the number of servings is 8,with serving size being 1/2 cup. With this you can figure the results you need. In this case, 16 oz. (total weight);8 servings per container; 1/2 cup per serving. So, if there is 8 servings in 16 oz. then 2 oz. is a serving, and 2 oz. equils 1/2 cup. This means that there are 4 cups in l6 oz. so 8 oz. would be 2 cups.
I hope I have made this clear (I have taken these number amounts from my box of elbow macaroni. so I feel it is pretty accurate.

I have a recipe that calls for 1 lb. of large elbow macaroni. I could only find a 24 ounce package. How many cups do I use for 1 lb.? I measured the 24 ounces and it's 7 cups.

Answers

Well, 1 lb is 16 ounces. So, you would use 16 ounces of macaroni. Which should come out to around a little more than 4 and 1/2 cups.

16 ounces is a pound Use 2/3 of the package.

If you ever need help again with conversations - Google is your best friend.

I searched : how heavy is 24 oz to pound

Results say

24 ounce is 1.5 pounds.

So I would 80% off the bag.

Liquid measure has 8 ounces equalling 1 cup. Dry measure is different. 7 cups equals about 24 ounces.

1 cup = 8 oz = 1/2 lb.
2 cup = 16 oz = 1 lb.

1 cup of liquid is 8 fl oz. 1 cup of dry elbow macaroni is 1/4 pound

Anonymous

Thank you

Thank you for actually answering JUST the question I asked. My recipe called for 1/2 lb. macaroni, and since I did not still have the container it came in, I was unsure how much that was in cups.

The other comments got me more confused than when I started--yours was so concise and all I needed to know! Thanks, again.

Anonymous

That would be 60% of the bag I believe.

If you need 1 lb, and have 1.5 lbs, divide the package into 3 equal parts, 2 of the divisions equals 1 lb and you will have 1/2 lb left over.

There are volume ounces and measured ounces. Not the same thing.
4 measured oz of applesauce does not weigh the same as 4 measured oz of powdered sugar.
So, the question is, how many cups (8 oz measured) of cooked macaroni do you yield from 1 lb (16 oz weighed) of uncooked pasta?

How many cups of elbow macaroni in a 12 ounce box of macaroni?

Answers

You have 3 cups of dried macaroni This will double when cooked.

In a 12oz box of macaroni you will have 6 cups of cooked macaroni. If you have an 8oz box of macaroni this will yield 4 cups.

So for every ounce of macaroni in a box it will yield 1/2 cups of cooked macaroni.

I believe this question always gets a lot of confusing answers as no one seems to measure pasta/macaroni in the same way. Dry measurement does not always equal out the same as liquid measurements and the type/size of macaroni can make a difference in how many cups in 12 ounces.
Here is an excellent site to ask any of your cooking questions.

www.answers.com/.../How_many_cups_in_12oz_of_uncooked_macaroni...

And if you really want to be confused - read some answers from past posts of ThriftyFun.

www.thriftyfun.com/Converting-Dry-Macaroni-Measurements...

It is six cups cooked

A 12 oz box has approximately 3 cups of dry macaroni. Your quantity will double when cooked so you will then have about 6 cups of cooked pasta.

225g dry macaroni is confusing. Is it a weight or a volume? I found that answers online vary a lot. And most charts convert dry to cooked not dry grams to dry cups. The most common answer was that a 58gram dry serving is about 1/2 cup dry macaroni...so 225g of dry is roughly 2 cups dry and makes 4 cups cooked.

Is dry spaghetti the same? Apparently, it's roughly the same. I'm gonna try 2 cups and see how it goes.

I need to make 2 lbs of pasta. So am I correct to say that's three 12 ounce boxes?

Answers

Pasta doubles when cooked. Prepare one 1-pound box.

500gr of macaroni is equal to how many cups of cooked macaroni?

Answers

56 grams dry=1 cup.
So 500 grams is about 9 cups.

Per website it says Macaroni 250g uncooked, 4 cups cooked to calculate yours:

Reference: www.everydaydelicious.com.au/.../pasta-measuring-chart

Food and Recipes Food Tips ConversionsDecember 11, 2015
🎃