Cooking a Roast

Even less expensive cuts of meat can come out moist and tender when slow cooked with added moisture. This is a guide about cooking a roast.

Beef Pot Roast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

To make a tender roast put it into your oven frozen, yes frozen.

Place it into your cooking container garnish it with veggies, seasonings or what ever you like, pour in a can of Beef Stock (can use Chicken Stock too) and 1-2 cups of water (if the pot will hold it). Put in the oven on low (I put it on at 250 degrees F).

I normally put my roast in oven at 3:00 pm and cook it until supper time at 7:00 pm.

When you cook it frozen at a low temp for at least 4 hours, the roast will be the tenderest. You can cut it with a fork!

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love this because you can use the cheapest cut of beef, and it will become tender and delicious without much effort. It makes an absolutely delicious gravy, which I think is almost better than the roast!

How about Pot Roast in under 90 minutes starting with a FROZEN pot roast? With only about 15 minutes of prep time? So tender it falls apart.

I love a good pot roast, and sometimes I like mashed potatoes with it. I decided to see if I could could whole potatoes with the roast in the crock-pot to flavor the potatoes before mashing them. It came out delicious.

Best pot roast I've ever made! Sear the roast in frying pan with small amount of oil. Sear it well on all sides. Put roast, then vegetables in crock pot. Mix envelope mixes with water and applesauce, then pour over all.

A wonderful, complete meal in one pan. You end up with tender roast beef, bowls full of roasted vegetables flavored with the beef juices, and a delicious pan gravy.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is the best way to make a roast that doesn't take forever?

Jamie from Midland, Texas

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The roast cooking bag is inexpensive and already has seasonings with it, only takes about an hour and half to two hours to cook this way. The seasoning is delicious and my family loves it.

Read More Answers...

Place the roast in a pan which has a tight cover. Sprinkle the garlic powder over roast. Spread with soup. Next, sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over the top and pour the Coke or Pepsi over all.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Recipes for Pot Roast.

It is ten minutes to put in the pot, 3 ingredients and so good. Cut some slits in roast and insert garlic slivers. Place beef in crockpot. Dump peppers and all of the juice on top. Crock all day on low.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a great 'fix it and forget it' type meal! So very good and healthful!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This makes a great roast with some kick to it! I like the bit of spice in this.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Place roast in slow cooker, top with green chilies, a can of Mexican-style tomatoes, and stir in garlic powder. Cook on low 10-12 hours. Shred with 2 forks. Meat should be very tender when cooked this long. Salt as desired.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Instead of beef bouillon cubes - TRY this. It's in a jar and called Better Than Bouillon - Beef Base - put a little bit - you can always add more!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2 to 6-quart crockery cooker. Combine caraway seed, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mix flour and water. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Slice roast, cover with gravy and serve with vegetables.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a simple, time-saving recipe: Place a three to four pound pot roast in a pan. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. Add half a bottle of teriyaki sauce and the juice from one can of pineapple.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 18, 2014
Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Roast Duck
Roast Duck Recipes
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 10:03:30 AM on 10.0.0.137 in 664 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.